Community Forum

$60 installation charges

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

$60 installation charges

I originally ordered an internet self installation kit, I hooked everything up myself. There was an issue with connection and I wasn't getting service. Called customer service, representative and I went through the whole troubleshooting process but it didn't solve the problem. She said that most likely there was an issue with outside wiring.She scheduled a tech visit and I was told that I would have to pay $60 for it, but if the problem was outside my home I should call Comcast and would receive $60 credit. When service technician came he checked outside wiring, he found out that cable was disconnected on utility pole and he fixed it. I called customer service and was assured that I would get credit once charges appear on my bill and I contact them about it.I quote the exact words of Comcast representative "This is the new service installation, once you get the bill just give as a call and we will provide adjustment for you. You don't have to worry Sir, everything is documented here" (I have this conversation recorded). On 12/14/17 I received my second bill with $60 charge on it. On 12/16/17 I had a chat session with Comcast rep. about it, he reassured me I would get a credit within a week. It's been 10 days now and I don't see any credit on my Xfinity billing page. This is very frustrating. How do I get that $60 credit I was promised?

Official Employee

Re: $60 installation charges

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.