Community Forum

60 dollar charge for professional install

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

60 dollar charge for professional install

Hello,

Last month comcast sent a technican to come to my house to do some work. The technican did some wiring work outside of my apartment. I see a 60 dollar fee on my bill this month for this but I never approved this charge. Comcast never informed me that they would be charging me. I called the billing department and they said they would only give me a $20 credit for not informing. I was not satisfied with that so I asked to get transferred to the crediting department. The customer service rep. said that they would not be able to give me that $60 back.

Has anyone else encounterd something like this?

Frequent Visitor

Re: 60 dollar charge for professional install

You can try tweeting @comcastcares. Something similar happened to me and I went on Twitter to complain they credited the remaining balance. 

Problem Solver

Hello nglali,

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you. I have reviewed your account and credited the remaining charge for the Professional Installation fee. The credit will reflect on your next month billing statement, under the "Other Charges & Credits" section. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I recently moved to a new house and Comcast somehow does not let me do the installation myself. After spending 1 hour on phone with the customer care, I was told that based on my location, I have to go with the $60 professional installation. Upon digging a little further and talking with the manager over the phone, he told me that there is nothing he can do about it. He also said that Comcast is the only provider for my area and since there is no competition, there is no way I can do away with that. Why is Comcast imposing such a charge? I am also surprised how the customer care of Comcast has evolved over the years. I have always had good experience with Comcast in the past and have done the installation myself without any trouble. Is it possible if you can waive off this charge or help me with the self-installation? 

Also wanted to let you know that I have hooked up my router etc(that I have used with XFINITY previously) and the screen shows that my internet will be activated in 60 minutes although it does not.

Thanks in advance,

Gulshan

Official Employee

Hello wadhwanig. In some cases, when the taps are disconnected or there has never been service to a location, we cannot offer a self installation option. This is because a technician would be needed to connect the premise to the tap and configure a run that will support your services. In these cases we do not waive installation cost. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.