Community Forum

$60 Charge on service call they requested

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

$60 Charge on service call they requested

Comcast guy comes to my door, tells me he's getting an error message, and I needed to set up a service call. I said I am not having any problems, he said not to worry - this was affecting people downstream, and there would be no charge to me to fix it. Foolishly, trying to be a good customer, I set up an appointment - telling the appointment setter what the tech said. The repair tech comes out. Switched out a doohickey on the outside of the house and a splitter (that wasn't their equipment he said) on the inside. Told me the error message is gone. Then I get a $60 charge on my bill. I've spoken with 4 people at Comcast. One escalation, and promised call back. No call back, I call again and I was told the charge will be reversed. Charged never reversed and then I am told that it's a "valid charge", but they'll give me $20 off. I asked to talk to a supervisor, no problem - transfer the call to a line that puts me on hold for over 20 minutes - no one ever picks up.  

Up until this experience I was very satisfied with Comcast. I just renewed my contract recently, but if this company can't stand behind what techs are telling the customers then this isn't the company for me. I'll have to figure out what the next step is in fighting this charge. Any advice? 

Official Employee

Re: $60 Charge on service call they requested

Hello Kafinate. I can assist with reviewing your account for this technician visit fee you were charged. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!