Community Forum

$500 Visa Card Scam

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

$500 Visa Card Scam

Comcast is trying to scam me out of my $500 visa gift card. I told the salesperson repeatedly when I signed up for internet, tv, and mobile service on dec. 4, 2017 that I wanted the package that was going to get me the Visa card mentioned in the mailer. He assured me that I was. I am now told that what I agreed to is not the correct package and am unqualified for the reward. Supposedly it’s my responsibility to read the long legal document to see that the salesperson who works for Comcast is scamming me by not including gift card language in the contract. After speaking with dozens of representatives and supervisors I have become aware that Comcast has no problem with the immoral and unethical policy of promising something to get a sale and not giving it.
Official Employee

Re: $500 Visa Card Scam

Pfsekeres, thanks for posting about your VISA card promotional concerns. I'll follow up with you via private message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: $500 Visa Card Scam

Well, I eventually got a resolution after using the phone number to corporate ‭(215) 583-8078‬ and getting executive customer service. They didn’t give me my gift card, but refunded what I paid for the mobile phone, which was almost $500. I read an article that said you have better luck with corporate if you’ve exhausted the help of the minions first instead of going straight to the top. Would have been nice if that process wasn’t such a waste of hours of my time and so highly stressful. When I am done with this contract I won’t be using Comcast again.