Community Forum

$500 ETF surprise after moving to area not serviced by xfinity

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

$500 ETF surprise after moving to area not serviced by xfinity

1. November 2016: Told no contract and no commitment over phone with xfinity agent. Concern that we were renting with one-year lease.  Husband home when xfinity installed. I signed no contract.
  2. November 2017: Told on phone with xfinity agent to pay last bill and return equipment and no further charges.
  3. January 21, 2018: Billed for $513.40 worth of early termination penalties.

Attempt to resolve:

Phone call with Lasandra from Home Security Department on 1/29/2018 at 6:13pm. Was informed that I had to keep at least one xfinity service for 24 months or be penalized even if I moved and xfinity couldn’t provide service. 

Early penalty fees should be dropped:

1. I was never informed of early termination fees.
  2. I never signed anything.
  3. I was not given the choice to transfer a service to a friend or family member which may have been cheaper and better use of my money than early termination fees.
  4. I am willing to take this to court.
  5. I will post this on every social media website to make sure that no other customers are taken advantage of.
  6. There is no explanation of the ETF, but I am certain that paying for one service for the remainder of my "contract" would be cheaper.  I was never informed or given a choice.  
Official Employee

Re: $500 ETF surprise after moving to area not serviced by xfinity

Hello, if the ETF is for Home Security, there would be a contract. I would reach out to this department "855-484-1472" and see if they can send you a copy of your contract. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!