Community Forum

$50 refund for cancelation of service BEFORE I EVER HAD SERVICE!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

$50 refund for cancelation of service BEFORE I EVER HAD SERVICE!

Patience exhausted on the $50 my credit card was charged IMMEDIATELY upon signing up for internet which I canceled the very next day...never even laid eyes on a technition!

3 customer service calls and 8 weeks later I have YET to be satisfied.

The last conversation, on 10Oct, I was assured I would be receiving confirmation via phone call by 27Oct (SECOND TIME I WAS TOLD I WOULD RECEIVE FOLLOW UP CALLS FROM REPS OR SOMEONE WHICH NEVER HAPPENED)

and the check in the mail NO LATER than 4Nov.

Through getting the lip service from **around the globe** but I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK AND MAYBE SOME SATISFACTION for my troubles before I am finally DONE WITH COMCAST!!!!

Has anyone else had difficulties regarding the refund of the "online sign up fee" upon canceling with the the terms of service COMCAST has in writing regarding, what I understood from reading, was an immediate refund of the fee?

Your resolution tactics?

Meanwhile, if Comcast were the last chance on Earth for internet I would go without..from day 2 and prior I have had more trouble with customer service woes and miscommunication between what's involved and stated in writing in the on-line sign-up process and what customer service,  via phone, delivers ALL WITHOUT INSTALLATION OR USING THE SERVICE. what's the deal?

Official Employee

Re: $50 refund for cancelation of service BEFORE I EVER HAD SERVICE!

Hi gonepatience, I can look into this issue for you and get your refund issued. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!