Community Forum

$5/mo iPad Offer

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

$5/mo iPad Offer

I received Comcast's $5/month iPad offer on 04/01/18 and decided to take advantage of the order a few days later.  On 04/05/18, I received a confirmation about my Xfinity order, but I have not heard anything else.  Judging from the multiple other threads regarding this offer, I'm not the only one with this problem.

Last week, I was on chat with Support asking about it, but they said I needed to call.  Today I requested Comcast Support call me.  When someone did, that person said I needed to talk to Xfinity Mobile.  Amara at Mobile said I needed to talk to the TV/Internet Support.  She transferred me to Ashley in the repair department (not sure why), who said I needed to talk to billing.  The person in billing said he needed to speak with his supervisor then transferred me to Craig, who was in the Mobile department.  After that, I gave up.

I've seen others have had this same runaround, so I'm wondering why Comcast is going to offer this deal and then not tell its employees how to handle everyone calling when they sign up for the deal and never receive the iPad they supposedly ordered?  Why not just send me the iPad since that's what I ordered, and I received a confirmation that my order was being processed.

Is there anyone on this planet (preferably within the Comcast company) who can help me???

Expert

Re: $5/mo iPad Offer

Wow, what a run-around! Smiley Sad Last I heard there were a ton of orders for the iPads and they were running behind in fulfilling the orders. So my guess would be that your order is probably just delayed. I'll ask an employee to check on it for you.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I finally received the iPad over a month after I ordered it, though if it weren't for this online forum, I don't know if I ever would have received it....  Comcast seriously needs to review this offer - they need to make sure all employees know about its existence and how to address concerns if customers call (since when I called I was redirected five times before I finally gave up trying), and they need to be more open with customers regarding their orders.  I understand if they receive multiple orders and cannot process them all immediately, but they need to communicate that to their customers so we don't think we were scammed or that Comcast is charging us for something they're never going to send us.  The offer itself is great, but the headache that comes with it is unnecessary and unfair.

Thank you to everyone on this forum who helped me look into the issue!  Hopefully Comcast will make some serious changes to this program so this doesn't happen to other customers....

Admin1

amkoelzer -- Thank you for confirming that your iPad was received. We appreciate your feedback about the process for getting the iPad. We will use this feedback to help ensure a smoother process in the future if we make this iPad again.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.