Community Forum

5 Attempts For Comcast to Get Service and Billing Corrected-FAIL

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

5 Attempts For Comcast to Get Service and Billing Corrected-FAIL

We had internet for 4 years at this house (Way overpriced) and decided we would move from Sattelite for our TV services and give Comcast ANOTHER try.  (Previous residence we were calling every other week for crappy receiver and holding for at least 2 hours)  We bundled our Internet with the X1 Platform.  Ok....Comcast does not cater to how we watch TV.  On Sattelite you can DVR anything you want in your channel package and save it for eternitiy so it's there when you want.   Not X1. Can only set a reminder IF it's scheduled in the next 2 weeks.  Current season's for a 30 minute episode is $3.99 each.  Regardless.  Didn't like it.   Package started 9/2/17.  I cancelled the X1 via Chat on 9/10/17. They said they could take care of it right there. on 9/12/17 we called again and asked for return labels for the equipment as we are cancelling our TV Services.  We didn't wait as we had time and just returned our equipment to the comcast store on 9/13/17 and have a receipt.  On 10/4 My bill is emailed to me.  Still shows TV services.  I contact via chat again and told them we cancelled TV.  They said they have no record and can't do that via chat.  After an hour of chat where the information was completey confusing because they typo and hit send before editing responses. They said I had to call a certain number for cancelling. They didn't tell me on 9/10 and I said BS I cancelled and returned our equipment on 9/13.   On 10/12/17 We called again to complain: Still being billed and again stating we didn't call the right number to cancel.  We have no receivers!  How can we get the Service?  We explained to them no one during chat, the call on 9/12 or when we returned the equipment personally on 9/13.  We told them we had a receipt for equiipment return.  They say that the return did not process until 9/25/17.  Sketchy Comcast.  Sketchy.  Finally....on 10/12 we were told they would retro our cancel back to 9/13/17 and would take about 2 days for the bill to reflect the lesser charges.  She suggested for good measure go back to the comcast store with the receipt and tell them to fix the equipment receive date to the 13th and not the 25th.  Comcast store said that the account was already fixed and stated the 13th.   I see on my account online that on 10/14 they remove the X1.  But on 10/15 it's back again.  And then from 10/12 to 10/17 they add charges every day.  And my online is still reflecting the October and NOVEMBER charges for X1 that we have not had since 9/12.  I am turning to the Attorney General's Office now Comcast.  You are truly horrible at your services.