Community Forum

30 Day Guarantee - HELP - Unable to switch to internet only

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

30 Day Guarantee - HELP - Unable to switch to internet only

I recently moved and tried Comcast X1 Starter Double Play, it's been a extremeley frustrating experience.  I paid the extra fee to have the equipment express shipped, however nothing worked when I got it, they also only sent 1 TV box, the bundle included an additional TV free of charge. 

Then Comcast charged me 60 dollars to connect the line outside of the apartment, the technician left the covers off their equipment, drove away and by the time I turned the TV on I realized the service didn’t even provide a HD picture (which was not at all clear during the order process, one would think that was included as HD is broadcast over the airwaves).  I tried talking to customer service and they would only offer adding additional fees  to my bill for HD or an additional box, already being at the top of my budget, unfortunately I had to cancel.

I decided that I just needed internet and would like to  that service only. When I called I was told I couldn't and that I would need to upgrade or cancel all together. The Xfinity website advertises internet Download speeds up to 100 Mbps for $45 a monthly with auto-bill/ecopay in my area. Why am I unable to sign up for that service?  Why would Comcast forgo the additional revenue? Did I just get a non-informed customer service agent?  Anyone have insight they can share or should I go to AT&T? 

Any suggestoins on a soultion would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Official Employee

Re: 30 Day Guarantee - HELP - Unable to switch to internet only

Hello Jeremy787. We apologize you have not been satisfied with your Double Play package. I can help with any troubleshooting issues you may have. I can also help review your billing rates and see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.