Community Forum

2 Accounts After Moving, Can I Simplify?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

2 Accounts After Moving, Can I Simplify?

After moving / transfering service to a new address, I have ended up in a situation where I was forced to create a new Comcast username and password for the new account, which is less than ideal.

I found a way to link my new address's account number to my old username and password, but now all Comcast services (WiFi, Streaming, etc) that require a username and password break because it uses the old, and now deactivated account number.

How can I simplify these two accounts into one, using the old username and password, and only having the current (new address) account linked?

Regular Visitor

Re: 2 Accounts After Moving, Can I Simplify?

This has been fixed by @ComcastPhill. Thanks again!

Official Employee

Hi Submariner16,  thank you for the update and glad everything is now working properly for you.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

It looks like I am having this exact problem (I started a thread a little while ago). I moved in November.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast canNOT solve this problem until they provide a way for a bill to be paid from any computer and from other locations.   You canNOT pay a Comcast bill from a computer in Montana if your account exist in Georgia.   Seems they would take the money no matter which computer it came from and this should be possible without allowing other privelages.................but NOT Comcast.................