Community Forum

15$ charge for internet install kit ???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

15$ charge for internet install kit ???

Hello Folks, 

I recieved my first bill and was surprised to find an 15 dollar charge for the internet install kit. I have done an self installtion .. so what is this charge for ? has anyone had similar situation and any recomendation on how do i get the charges reverted

New Poster

Re: 15$ charge for internet install kit ???

Also i read that this could be shipping charges .but in my case i had collected the modem from the franchise store .. so there was no shipping involved ?

Problem Solver

Hello Nimeshk,

The appropriate credits have been applied towards your account. Please allow 1 to 2 billing cycles to see this adjustment reflect onto your account.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi there,

I to have also been charged $15 dollars after picking up the kit in store and was told there would be no charges if I did the self install myself.

Matthew

Problem Solver

Hello Oddgoingson,

I have just applied the appropriate credits onto your account. Please allow 1 to 2 billing cycles to see this credit reflect onto your account.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Visitor

I was also charged $14.99 for the 'internet install kit', which I did not order, or need, or receive, as I am using my own modem, and cabling.

Signed up at the local Comcast Xfinity store, was not told of such a charge, or given any options, any paperwork, other than informing them I was going to use my own modem.

Went back to the store to see about correcting this, but then was told this was a 'setup fee' and that there was nothing that could be done.

Doesn't seem that is the case.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Problem Solver

Hello tonycpdx,

I'm sorry for your troubles. I have applied the appropriate credits onto your account, please allow one to two billing cycles to see this adjustment reflect onto your bill. If you have any additional questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I also picked up my install kit at the store (after an hour waiting for my scheduled appointment) and was told there was no fee for self install but was charged $14.99 on my first bill. Can I have this removed from my bill?

Thanks
Derek

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

Hi,

I was also charged a $15 fee after explicity being told by the rep over the phone that I would not be charged for it since I am installing my own modem. Please help.

Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.