Community Forum

$140 for service we can’t use consistently.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

$140 for service we can’t use consistently.

Hello, I’m writing here because I am frustrated beyond belief. I spoke with a customer service rep today who is very kind and professional, but she didn’t know what she was talking about in some of the regards I was speaking to. All she could do was reset my modem/router. I told her that I didn’t have an issue at the moment as I was online, the issue is that I can’t do anything for long because I got cut off. The online light starts blinking and the 5/2.4 ghz lights go out. We Try and do a fair amount of online work within our home whether it’s conference calls or uploading to portals and networks. We need our online service. And with how shiny it is it randomly goes out between our meetings, our uploads, I was streaming, and when we’re not working we want to relax and watch a simple movie on Netflix and it cuts out because the Internet goes down or are gaming services can be used because you require online. We’ve had our router/modem switched out, we are on our 3rd one now. I tried to explain to the service rep that this seem to be the problem. She went on to say how our devices could be too far from the router... Even after I told her it wasn’t arrange issue as the router/modem would literally cut out. She didn’t seem to understand that. And I’ve had the same discussion with multiple people before that didn’t seem to get the grasp that it wasn’t a range issue. We already have gotten persuaded into paying for the fastest Internet possible which costs us $140 a month for the Internet service, we have fast Internet, the problem is the router/modem cuts out. So either it’s a problem with your router/modem‘s, or it’s the wiring to the house, or something along those lines. But we can never get that single problem fixed. I don’t think it’s your router modem is because you switched it out already multiple times. Unless they are all just really bad... It’s nothing to do with resetting the system as we’ve done this countless times, so I don’t know what to do at this point.<br><br> The best part about this phone call I had Speaking with this person for over 30 minutes, the only thing that happened was a reset, and ultimately her saying call back if it happens again which I said it has already happened so why is this the step we’re taking now? Ultimately she suggested that I buy our own router. So, why have I been paying by the month for a router from you guys if that’s the problem and it doesn’t work? And now you tell me to buy my own router after taking money from me every single month? Look i was speaking with this person for over 30 minutes, the only thing that happened was a reset, and ultimately her saying call back if it happens again which I said it has already happened so why is this the step or taking now? Ultimately she should suggested that I buy our own router. So, why have I been paying by the month for a router from you guys if that’s the problem and it doesn’t work? And now you tell me to buy my own router after taking money from me every single month?<br><br>Look, I just want Internet that doesn’t cut out. That’s it. I don’t care how you need to find out what it is, or what the cause of it is, but we’ve been living in this house for over four years now, and it has been a constant issue. We’ve had dry spells of when I don’t call you guys because I’m just fed up from talking back-and-forth and getting nowhere. We even filed a complaint with the FCC, and that’s how we got an upgraded modem/router that seemed to fix things for a little bit but went right back to normal not Long after that. What would it take for you to verify that it isn’t the wiring and it isn’t the signal from outside the house and it isn’t the router? Why can’t you find this out? If we were a business or a chain, this wouldn’t be an issue. But because we are residential I feel like we are being swept under the rug. If I can put it simply this is what I want, and I think I deserve this after four years of paying and putting up with this “service“.... Get people down here, and actually find the issue. I’m sick of hearing this maybe, or this might be, or this could be the problem. I want to hear, “this is the problem, we found it, and we fixed it”. I understand that if it’s beyond just the modem and its connection, that it could be something we would have to pay for. Specifically like the wiring in the house and such... i’m honestly not even mad with any individual person I spoke with, I’m just getting frustrated at this point. And I’m honestly on the verge of just going to the FCC again, not because I’m trying to be a dirt bag and get revenge, but it’s because I don’t know what else to do. We need our Internet for work, and for gods sake‘s I would like to watch a measly episode of something on Netflix without having to shut it down for the night because the Internet stopped working. Every night I have tried to use it this week for example it has cut out on me. And it just makes me more upset after I understand what I’ve paid for consistently every month, and I haven’t been able to use my serviced properly as it’s been advertised. I know you don’t guarantee wireless, no one does, but every day multiple times? I’m sorry but no, I don’t want to hear the whole “we don’t guarantee our wireless“ I’m very well aware or you don’t. And I understand how this works. I’ve had Internet services in multiple living arrangements before and in working scenarios. I’ve never had this sad of an Internet service ever. I thought charter was bad, and they maybe had a connection issue at our old place possibly once like every 1 to 2 months. So please, I need someone to fix this. I need someone to come here and deal with the problems because I’m sick and tired of having to repeat myself With the same story over and over again every time I call you guys.
Official Employee

Re: $140 for service we can’t use consistently.

Hello Mistergeof. We apologize for the inconvenience. I can help troubleshoot and attempt to isolate the root cause of your internet issue. I can also schedule a technician visit for you if need be, so we can get your issue resolved. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.