Community Forum

$10,000+ to run a cable line

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

$10,000+ to run a cable line

Hello, I live in the middle of silicon valley, everyone around me has Comcast and I can see the wires from my house.

Apparently 10+ years ago they quoted $2700 to run the line from the street to the house, so when I moved in I called them and asked for a new survey. They never came back to me but when I called again they said they had checked and it was now over $10K...

What I do not think they know is that there is a utility pole on the property around 50 feet from the house. 

What are the actual rules that Comcast needs to follow in determining if they should run a line for a reasonable price?

Admin1

Re: $10,000+ to run a cable line

Hi aussieggg -- I can help you with that service quote. The rules we follow are how far you are from the nearest service plant, not utility poles. I can speak with our serviceability team to see if your quote of $10K is accurate for an extension. Can you send me your address in a PM please? 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.