Community Forum

world fishing network disappeared

New Poster

world fishing network disappeared

best station is gone now      ???

New Poster

Re: world fishing network disappeared

I just upgraded so I can get World Fishing Network and was watching it almost daily.  Next it's gone. No notice! Now I will have to spend hours with a foriegn person that wants me to give them personal info just to screw up what I want.

Tags (1)
New Poster

This also happened to me. I actually only got to watch it for 1 day. It was the only reason I got the sports package. Did you ever find out any information on what is going on with it?
Silver Problem Solver

It was dropped by Comcast on January 11. There was mention of this in my November bill.

On January 11, 2018, FSN Prime Ticket, FSN Sun, NBCS Bay Area, NBCS Boston,
Outside TV, SportsNet NY and World Fishing Network will no longer be available on Sports
Entertainment Package. Spike will move from Digital Preferred to Sports Entertainment
Package. Please note that Spike is rebranding as "Paramount Network" on January 18, 2018.
On or around December 12, 2017, ESPN Classic will no longer be available.

New Poster

It's too bad that the Customer Service person didn't let you know of the upcoming changes before you signed up...

New Poster

Thanks for information even if it is bad news. Guess I should read more in my bill.
New Poster

The only real fishing station and you take it away from us   (WHY)

New Poster

If they didn't stuff the envelopes with worthless advertising we porbably would all pay more attention to what is in there. gonna call cancel the sports package as WFN was to reason the other 2 were just icing on the cake

New Poster

I agree World Fishing Network needs to be brought back! Come on guys you offer tons of channels for Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey & Soccer can't you offer at least one channel to all of the fisherman!

New Poster

Here is what was posted by another person who wasn't too happy you got rid of the WFN:

"Thank you for your feedback regarding the World Fishing Network channel. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us."

How about instead of "examining your channel lineups with a wide range of programmers", you instead listen to your actual customers and bring back the programming that many of us subscribed to the sports package for in the first place?

Bring back the World Fishing Network!!!

Regular Visitor

What the heck? What brain-dead bean counter pulled the plug on WFN?

New Poster

horrible situation,, they keep putting on horrible channels and take the best ones off.