Community Forum

where.s MeTV? Used to be on Comcast channel # 73 in Tacoma area but now...anybody?

Regular Visitor

where.s MeTV? Used to be on Comcast channel # 73 in Tacoma area but now...anybody?

Hi kids:  I heard recently that the main MeTV broadcasting city (Bellingham) for the pacific N.W. area, is in the process of changing their channels for all satellite and cable networks.  I heard what channel changes were made to the Dish and Direct TV,  But I haven't heard of any MeTV channel changes for Xfinity-Comcast. Has anybody have any info?  Thanks in advance...Bob W.

Regular Visitor

Sorry..... typo error...

MeTV is not channel # 73....it's usually (not now) channel 72...Bob W.

New Poster

Re: Sorry..... typo error...

I want to know what happened too because changes aren't supposed to happen to channel 72 until the 30th and starting the 30th supposed to be on on 15 and 21 and a 3rd channel I can't recall at the moment. The schedule indicates M.A.S.H. should be on now, but it's some shopping channel. I'm not thrilled at the moment.

New Poster

Re: where.s MeTV? Used to be on Comcast channel # 73 in Tacoma area but now...anybody?

72 content seems to be showing on 353
Official Employee

Re: where.s MeTV? Used to be on Comcast channel # 73 in Tacoma area but now...anybody?

Hello @9BallBob. In your area channel 72 is currently mapped for KVOS MeTV. I don't see any noted changes for this channel in your area. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

New Poster

My channels have been changed too - I'm in Kitsap County.  I've lost COZI TV (my channel 352), and MEtv is now H & I - no more saturday morning westerns and such...I'm actually very irritated.  KVOS is gone - supposedly available on 44.1 in my area but I'm not sure if I can re-program to get it.  Seems KPPF (or something like that) is buying a lot of them out and Xfinity hasn't worked out a deal to get it back...

Overall, I'm just filing complaints - repeatedly - with Comcast/Xfinity.  Maybe if enough of us protest - something will come of it.

Silver Problem Solver

KVOS does carry MeTV as broadcast channel 12.3 (H&I is 12.1). I guess they don't have an agreement with Comcast to carry all their channels yet.

From Wikipedia:

Digital channels

The station's digital signal is multiplexed:

Channel Video Aspect PSIP Short Name Programming[17]

12.1480i16:9H&IHeroes & Icons
12.2MOVIES!Movies![18][19]
12.3MeTVMeTV
12.4DecadesDecades