tv says no signal

New Poster

tv says no signal

tried to put tv on, screen says no signal

Gold Problem Solver

Re: tv says no signal

firemomx08 wrote:

Ensure the cable box is on, check to ensure all connectors/cables are tight, ensure the TV is on the correct INPUT.

Official Employee

firemomx08 wrote:

No signal usually means that the TV set is on the incorrect video input.

Check to see how your cable box is connected to the TV set.

If connected via RF-coaxial cable, the TV should be on channel 3 or 4.

If connected via HDMI be sure that HDMI is selected on your TV set (there may be an HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc. input on your TV set, check them all).

If you have X1, be sure that you are connected to the HDMI output on the X1 cable box.

If you are connected via component cables (red, blue, green) be sure that your Component is selected as the input on your TV set

If your TV is connected via composite cables, (red, white and yellow) check that your TV is selected to Video or Game .

Also be sure that your cable box is turned on.

New Poster

My tv says no signal
Official Employee

Butterfly1990 wrote:
My tv says no signal

No signal usually means that the TV set is on the incorrect video input.

Check to see how your cable box is connected to the TV set.

If connected via RF-coaxial cable, the TV should be on channel 3 or 4.

If connected via HDMI be sure that HDMI is selected on your TV set (there may be an HDMI 2, HDMI 3, etc. input on your TV set, check them all).

If you have X1, be sure that you are connected to the HDMI output on the X1 cable box.

If you are connected via component cables (red, blue, green) be sure that your Component is selected as the input on your TV set

If your TV is connected via composite cables, (red, white and yellow) check that your TV is selected to Video or Game .

Also be sure that your cable box is turned on.

I see that you were working with an agent on this issue yesterday. Is all working now? Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee
Moved: