Xfinity Community Forum

Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts
New to the Community? Start here.

tennis channel

Regular Visitor

tennis channel

Have Tennis Channel on main tv with DVR and can stream to ipad in home.  

1.  Why is TC the only Comcast channel that doesn't show on Comcast adapter TVs?

2.  For awhile I was able to use ipad HDMI adapter plug to stream onto other tvs in home, but that no longer works.  Why?

Official Employee

Re: tennis channel

Hi matucker2. Often times, depending upon the headend in your area, channel mapping is different in the DTA than the cable receivers. Tennis channel may not be mapped for DTA's in your area, by design. Also, when you try to plug your iPad via HDMI adapter into your TV, programmer contracts do not allow mirroring, AirPlay, GoogleCast or HDMI connections to external displays.This is a copyright protect feature. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Regular Visitor

Doesn’t seem fair to demand more $$ for a channel and then limit that one channel only to a single tv.

Please forward my complaint to responsible person n Seattle area....

Tags (2)
Official Employee

You can get the channel on multiple TV's. You just need to get cable receivers for the additional TV's. I will pass along your feedback. 

New Poster

This is absurd that I have to pay over $200 and still not able to use Comcast to sign in to the Tennis Channel Everywhere. We are a group of 60 people (6 families) who recently signed up for Xfinity services. Unfortunately all of us will be moving to AT&T now.