Community Forum

taking away channels

New Poster

taking away channels

I ordered the triple play package mainly because it came with the channels i wanted for the price i needed. Today they took away my children's Cartoon Network channel out of the blue and i was told that in order to get it i had to pay at least $20 more a month. I find this so upsetting that I'm considering for the first time switching to another service provider alltogether. i have been told that they observe the channels you watch often and take them on occasion so that you'll upgrade and they'll make more money. I find this appalling.   I also being charged an almost seven dollar regional sports fee when i have no sports channels at all. Does anyone know why?  

New Poster

Re: taking away channels

Yes! I am feeling the same way I noticed that they took the kids basic cartoon channels, also the food network, and just tonight VH1(which I was watching just last night) also channel 11 of ESPN and channel 12 these I figured were BASIC channels too, definitely thinking about switching and I am a long time customer but this is getting rediculous. I love some of the new features such as the x1 platform, the new remotes, I don't even have the security system or the cell phone service but hey it sounds good. But regardless I'm still paying for a service that is slowly being taken away without any type of compensation on my bill!! Channels go down, bill goes up, not right at all shame on u COMCAST/XFINITY.
New Poster

It seems as though every time I turn on the TV and click on a program I would like to watch, that channel is no longer available. I noticed it first with the Cartoon Network and then the other day with the NFL network. The package I paid for included these channels for the price I was paying, so why am I losing them now?! I'm entirely fed up with the nickle and dime garbage. When my 2 yrs is up I'm saying bye bye to these thieves
New Poster

Comcast has done the same thing to me. I had the NFL channel as part of my package and I went to watch it and I come to find out I no longer have access to it. I called Comcast and spoke to Ashley and a supervisor Joya. Joya told me that as part of their contract or promotion that Comcast can make changes anytime they want. It doesn't matter that you signed up with a certain promotion for a year they just come along and take what they want away. Joya said there is nothing she could do and this decision is made higher up and there is no one that could get give me back the NFL channel unless I paid extra for their sports package. I asked since they took it away I should be charged less and she said she would connect with another section and I could downgrade what I have and I would be paying less for less not a lower fee for what I have. I'm already being charged extra for sports as part of their taxes and fees section. How do you think Comcast became a monopoly.? It certainly isn't by honoring their contracts or keeping their word. It all comes down to maximising shareholder value and buying other companies and paying their executives enormous salaries and stock options. Comcast plays dirty pool..
New Poster

I've had NBCSN for 4 years on my package and today it was shut down - one rep says that I had it as a mistake and another says that it is never was part of package and that I never had it. 4 years and they say that I dreamt it al????? There seems to be no recourse with Comcast/Xfinity. They've been trying to sell me an upgrade for the better part of 2 years now - I believe something dodgy is afoot. The premiere league started today and how funny - that is the channel I watch the most and on the day I want to watch it again - that is the day they shut it down. There isn't any consumer protection in America - I'm absolytely horrified and feel sorry for people in this country (and myself today) that they (Conmcast) can take our money yet reduce the services they provide without reducing our bill. Disgusting. I'm going to take it further, no sure how yet but I will. Not letting these people get away with it. FIOS I hear.... I hear... I hear....

New Poster

They have done the same thing to me.  I can't even get ABC any more.  It started with the Oxygen channel, then CNBC now ABC.  I'm so tired of their X1 Platform updates that its pathetic.  Its been sitting here in "connecting to your entertainment experience" for 1/2 hour.  Charges from who knows where for who knows what.  If I had a dollar for everytime a customer service rep told me to unplug my wifi and cable for 10 seconds I would be buying this stupid company and fixing it.  THEY CALLED ME twice and said they had to come out and update my cabe, there would be no charge.  HA  It was working fine until then.  I love it when they say they will give you Starz or something FREE for 3 months for all the trouble you're having.  Then of course, they don't take it off your bill afterwards, so now you have a new problem will billing.  Geez I'm so over this company