Community Forum

"updating account/subscription"

Frequent Visitor

"updating account/subscription"

I cannot get some channels (CNN, Fox & more) Screen says "You caught us in the middle of updating your account/subscription. etc.) I have unplugged, restarted xbox etc., but still not working.

New Poster

Re: "updating account/subscription"

I also would like an answer about this, the same thing happens to me. I use the "free to me" option on the guide and then it shows channels I didn't think I had but just for the heck of it I click on them and when they come up it tells me about this supposed "updating account" thing.

Frequent Visitor

This is now resolved. Through online chat, I went into settings and found the HD auto on/off feature was the cause. Switched it off & then back on, and all works perfectly now.

New Poster

Thanks!! This happened in the middle of watching a football game (SO frustrating), and after finding your fix we were back to watching.
New Poster

I had this problem as well, and it turned out that we had a firmware problem.  I connected with chat on X-finity.

I was told firmware of the box is outdated and the box is updated to the new firmware that is why it happened. They updated the firmware in the box  from Comcast offices.