Community Forum

no HD on my "100+" plan - false advertising!

Contributor

no HD on my "100+" plan - false advertising!

I'm going to report this to the FCC. They are probably the only entity that Comcast listens to.

I just bought the a "100+" TV plan. Comcast's website defines this as including the HD versions of many of the stations:
https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup

But the plan actually doesn't include those! You have to pay $10/mo extra for them! False advertising.

To complicate matters, they also supposedly offer a standard box (which they don't), or HD box for $10/mo more. And this isn't even disclosed until you're in the checkout process! Well I got SD service with an HD-capable box, and they can give me HD channels with a software change to enable it. More false advertising.

Comcast is the largest cable company in the world, making $85B in annual revenue. It's unethical to falsely advertise a subscription plan and hide an additional 18% cost in the checkout webpages.
Expert

Re: no HD on my "100+" plan - false advertising!

I checked your link. There is a very obvious (i) information button on top of the list for your plan. You did not read it. There are also other places to get full information on top of the list.

Maybe your title should have read "oops Bad reading." Make sure you cancel, or change the plan, in less than 30 days.

Admin1

Hi zzz00 -- MNtundraRET has provided correct information about this. There is an informational button located above the channel lineups that explains that HD has an additional charge. The channel lineup link does not offer false advertising. It shows you what channels you'd receive by subscribing to that lineup and also subscribing to HD. 

Per that information button:

• High-definition (HD) channels not available in all areas. HD equipment required. An HD Tech Fee of up to $10/month may be applied to your bill. 
Contributor

Thanks for your replies, but that "i" icon does not appear on the mobile version of the site! (I was viewing from my phone since I didn't have Internet or TV service, which I was shopping for)

Secondly, even on the desktop version of the site, that little "i" icon is insufficient. The initial webpage says the $54.99 plan gives 100+ channels, and the next webpage plainly defines the channels that includes. The "i" icon is placed as if it's supplemental info! There are probably 20 links on that webpage; the info stated needs to be true without the user hunting for contradictory info behind one of the 20 links. Instead of putting bullets in the HD fields, it could have an "O" or asterisk to mean optional!
Admin1

zzz00 -- Thank you for providing your feedback about how the channel lineup is listed. I will pass this idea to our web development team for consideration.