Community Forum

newsmax tv

Frequent Visitor

newsmax tv

Newsmax is supposed to be available on channel 1115.  We're not getting it.  Is it only for X1 subscribers?  If so, why.

Official Employee

Re: newsmax tv

Hi @rufus97

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you're having with newsmax tv. What type of devices are you using? I'd like to review your account and channel subscriptions to see if I'm able to find the reason why you are not able to access this channel. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi Rufus97, 

Thanks for allowing us to assist you. I'm happy my peers were able to isolate the cause of your issue with Newsmax. For others who may be having this problem, due to device limitations, Internet Protocol (IP) Video technology will no longer be available on X1 RNG150 TV Boxes. Customers subscribed to channels, packages, and functionality using IP Video will have an interruption of service on their X1 RNG150 TV Box. We have sent out communications on previous bills with more information and how to go about swapping your devices if you do wish to continue enjoying that programming, you would need to upgrade your boxes. If you would like my assistance with having a new box shipped, feel free to send me a private message with your first and last name and we can start there. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi.

Will an upgraded box allow IPVideo?  Or, would we have to subscribe to X1 to get an appropriate cable box?

Thanks,

Mary

Official Employee

Hey @rufus97

You will need to upgrade your box for IP video. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, but I still don't understand:  Does it have to be an upgrade to X1, or just a newer box that's not X1.

Official Employee

Yes, X1 would be the option. It does not cost extra to have X1 box vs a "legacy" box. 

Frequent Visitor

I thought that subscribing to X1 would cost more than what we're already paying.  Last time a CustRep tried to get us to switch to X1, the price he quoted was higher than what we already have.

Official Employee

Greetings, rufus97! I hope you are having an amazing day. I would like to further assist you with your account. I apologize for all the confusion and I hope I can clear this up for you. Can you please send me a PM so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.