Community Forum

fox new channel

New Poster

fox new channel

Live in area code 48167 and have comcast cable.  Please stop scrambling fox news channel.  It's been going on every day.  No scrambling on other stations.  The scrambling started in April 2018 and continues a couple times each hour.  STOP IT.  This same problem continued for weeks last year and I didn't appreciate it.  SHAME ON YOU!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: fox new channel

The scrambling is probably pixelation caused by a weak signal or noise. You may need to have a Comcast tech come out to check. It probably is affecting other channels, but you may not watch any of them.

New Poster

Same problem in 48463 area. Fox News HD is either unavailable or pixellated at regular 5 second intervals with a corresponding loss of audio. I've had to resort to recording the SD channel but now it's going unavailable at times. The worst part is that i get switched to CNN when FNCHD is unavailable. I know, it's the next lower channel but i swear there's more to this. When the 5-second problem appears, sometimes i can tune to a different channel then back to FNCHD and it's good for half a day but that's been working less and less. If i restart the box I can get FNC back for a while. I wonder if it's the box itself but why only FNC? Hmmmmmm Comcast/NBC?

New Poster

Same thing is happening here now too in September 2018 all of a sudden - no change in my TV or my hookup or my cable package.  Fox News is now unwatchable while CNN (next channel up) is totally fine.  I tested my signal strength via the Comcast Labs area of the xfinity settings and it says signal strength is strong,  so don't buy this malarky about weak signal strength. This is crazy, the only unbiased channel available out of hundereds is being scrambled, and if this some sort of liberal net nutrality violation from Comcast, I think we need an investigation.