Community Forum

fox new channel

Highlighted
New Poster

fox new channel

Live in area code 48167 and have comcast cable.  Please stop scrambling fox news channel.  It's been going on every day.  No scrambling on other stations.  The scrambling started in April 2018 and continues a couple times each hour.  STOP IT.  This same problem continued for weeks last year and I didn't appreciate it.  SHAME ON YOU!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: fox new channel

The scrambling is probably pixelation caused by a weak signal or noise. You may need to have a Comcast tech come out to check. It probably is affecting other channels, but you may not watch any of them.

New Poster

Same problem in 48463 area. Fox News HD is either unavailable or pixellated at regular 5 second intervals with a corresponding loss of audio. I've had to resort to recording the SD channel but now it's going unavailable at times. The worst part is that i get switched to CNN when FNCHD is unavailable. I know, it's the next lower channel but i swear there's more to this. When the 5-second problem appears, sometimes i can tune to a different channel then back to FNCHD and it's good for half a day but that's been working less and less. If i restart the box I can get FNC back for a while. I wonder if it's the box itself but why only FNC? Hmmmmmm Comcast/NBC?

New Poster

Same thing is happening here now too in September 2018 all of a sudden - no change in my TV or my hookup or my cable package.  Fox News is now unwatchable while CNN (next channel up) is totally fine.  I tested my signal strength via the Comcast Labs area of the xfinity settings and it says signal strength is strong,  so don't buy this malarky about weak signal strength. This is crazy, the only unbiased channel available out of hundereds is being scrambled, and if this some sort of liberal net nutrality violation from Comcast, I think we need an investigation.

New Poster

Funny. We are having the exact same issue in a northern suburb of Chicago. Every other channel streams okay with the exception of Fox News....
Regular Visitor

It is amazing!!   This is exactly what is Happening to me on both my X1 boxes.    Only happening to Fox News.    One Channel out of 900 channels.   Yes, just one Channel.   The FoxNews Channel.   Called and of course - need a Tech to home to fix.   Not happy.   You do have to Wonder!!!

Diamond Problem Solver

Before a tech comes check all of your connections, remove any unnecessary splitters.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

jeff386, I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issues you're seeing with fox news. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side. We can send a tech if necessary. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hey Ken,

Thank You for the Assistance Offering.  Sorry - I don't see the private message option.
Anyways - I have resolved my issue!! I actually used this forum to find the answers like the last few times I had issues.  In this case - I was a little on the Edge. I was wrong. It appears it was within my own home.  When I call Comcast, the last thing I want to hear after 5 minutes - we need to schedule a Tech to your house.   I really Feel for these front line troubleshooting folks on the Phone.  They really should be able to At least Open a Ticket on the issue and send it to the
Comcast NOC without a Tech to site. They should also be a little more equipt with a few more Tools and troubleshooting scripts to help the Enduser. Such as:  Info I found on this Forum. Anyways: I powered down my Main X1 box for over an hour. I was hoping it would trigger a different reboot with maybe an upload to reSync my boxes. It was also very warm, so I was wondering if it was overheating. I will watch it at this point. There was No Errors indicating Overheating.  I also replaced one of my two Splitters. One was 3.5dbs - one was 7dbs.  I replaced the 7db splitter to match the other at 3.5dbs which was just a guess on my part.  I do keep a small inventory of splitters.  After the Main X1 reboot - all came back up and looked good again.  This forum has most of answers and has save me a few times now! - without a Tech to site.  Again -- Comcast needs to Equipt their people on the front Line.  Or at least offer a 2nd level Tech.

Thank You!!!   Thanks Ken for stepping up to my issue!!  Jeff