Community Forum

dvr

Frequent Visitor

dvr

I have shows scheduled on my DVR and sometimes certain episodes don’t record and it always seems to be a second park or a cliffhanger episode that does not record and then when you want to watch it on demand you have to buy it and I have seen this over the years and I’m wondering if this is done on purpose or something get do with meta-data.

Regular Contributor

Re: dvr

I have had similar problems with DVR - but my problem usually involves a program that is delayed by a sports program - then the program I want starts late and I get the last 30 min. (or 45 min or even 55 min) meaning I watch all or almost all of a 1 hr program and then I don't know how it ends!  I have even added 30 min to the end of the program and it still doesn't have enough space.  You'd think with all the electronic gizmos Xfinity has they would know when  a program starts and start the DVR at the right time!   Also, the DVR is very cumbersome to use - the search is for a limited time.  Why now allow is to find a program we want. that might not be on the air at the moment, which is common in sports programs.  If I wanted to record every program about Porsche, why not let us save that key word and start recording every time there's a program about Porsches?  The old VHS machine had a lot of great features...

Frequent Visitor

Re: dvr

i c that too... but what I am talking about or shows or series recordings that do not record when a special episode is on and then when it is on the DVR does not record it case in point the last two episodes of Gotham it did not record the two-parter and I see this a lot when there is a show that is popular when this happens it is on the I am talking about or shows or series recordings that do not record when a special episode is on and then when it is on the DVR does not record it case in point the last two episodes of Gotham it did not record the two-parter and I see this a lot when there is a show that is popular when this happens it is on the Demand but you have to buy those episodes.