Community Forum

dta box on smart tv

New Poster

dta box on smart tv

set up dta box on smart tv

Gold Problem Solver

Re: dta box on smart tv

Your message is not clear. What do you want to know? The more details you can provide, the better.

New Poster

i cant hook up the digital adapter box to smart tv wont get any channels

Official Employee

@wan52 wrote:

Are you on the proper tv input? TV on Ch 3?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@wan52 wrote:

Hooking the small digital adapter box to a HD smart tv, the box can only use the coaxial cable connected to the antenna input on the new TV set to channel 3. You will not be able to get any HD channels that way.

you really need to upgrade to at least a HD cable-box. To use the "smart tv's" apps you will also need high-speed Internet of at least 15 to 20 Mbt's/sec. for HD signals.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

First thing is getting to the proper input. Then the OP can swap boxes for an HD DTA. One thing at a time
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

guess i have to trade that box in tv wont go on channel 3 thanks