Community Forum

discovery id

New Poster

discovery id

why am i not getting discovery id. will it be back. if not i won't

New Poster

Re: discovery id

Comcast is pulling the bait and switch, when you change your package, they say no channels are lost.

But then they dump 6 channels, they don't want to provide. ID channel and WGN being 2 of them.

Customer reps, lie to you, and appear to be confused themselves.

This is all so comcast, may be able to save a few dollars per customer, per month.

They are worthless and always will be.

Gold Problem Solver

@bmk194522 wrote: why am i not getting discovery id. will it be back. if not i won't

Employee ComcastTeds has posted that, in some areas, Comcast has dropped ID channel and several others. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/TruTv/m-p/3109233#M94783 says:

In many areas, there are 6 channels that are not in any of the bundle packages. They are specific to Digital Starter only and one cannot get them in any of the "above" packages either (Digital Preferred, etc).

They are ID (investigation Discovery), Oxygen, TruTV, UP, WE, and WGN. These channels are only available only with the Digital Starter package.

New Poster

will they be back

New Poster

discover id

why doesn't xfinity come out with a clear statement on the the status of discovery id, instead of everyone guessing. i have heard it is not available anywhere on comcast. send an email to all of it's customers. that won't happen because it makes common sense

Official Employee

Hello, bmk194522 - 

We do not have news regarding bringing back these channels. I would recommend submitting your feedback here. While this doesn't guarantee that we will bring these channels back, it does help us see feedback from our customers to better negotiate with the networks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!