Community Forum

delete channels on screen

New Poster

delete channels on screen

can channels i don't use be deleted from the screen so I don't have to continually scroll thru them?

New Poster

Re: delete channels on screen

I wish!

milepost56 wrote:

can channels i don't use be deleted from the screen so I don't have to continually scroll thru them?

Frequent Visitor

That would be really cool hope they do that
Silver Problem Solver

that is currently not possible in any comcast market with any comcast box. 

Official Employee

milepost56 wrote:

This on-screen guide does show you all of the available channels that are in the channel lineup, not just the ones that you are subscribed to.

You are able to set up a list of Favorite Channels and use that as your on-screen guide. In fact, you can set up multiple favorite lists for different people in your household or you can set up Favorites lists by genre (Movies, Sports, etc).

Here is how to set up a Favorites List: Using the silver Comcast remote control, press the Menu button twice, then select Setup, then Favorite List Setup. Select Set Up Favorite List and follow the on-screen instructions to add channels to your list. You can also name each list. After the Favorites List is created, you can access it and cycle through it by pressing the FAV button on the Comcast remote control (the FAV button is to the left of the channel up/down button). I hope that helps.

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastTeds wrote: ... I hope that helps.

Yes, it helps. But it's a poor substitute for being able to select only the channels you're interested in. Just about every TV tuner made in the last 25 years is able to do this -- except Comcast's.

Silver Problem Solver

Thats a tv tuner not a cable box.  Doesn't everyone understand why comcast won't let you just show you the channels you get?  Its free advertising.  If you click through a thousand channels you will see all this stuff your missing and you might say, I need to upgrade look what I am missing.  If you just get to see what you subscribe to you that would never happen.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast Teds wrote

You are able to set up a list of Favorite Channels and use that as your on-screen guide

I know you can do this by pressing the FAV button while in the Guide but are there steps to make the Favorite list the primary guide screen?

Gold Problem Solver

rog286713 wrote: ... Doesn't everyone understand why comcast won't let you just show you the channels you get? ...

No. Having to plow through hundreds of "Not Authorized" channels is incredibly annoying. 99% are channels I have absolutely no interest in and would never subscribe to even if I could afford them.

Promoting the product to the customer I understand. Frustrating and annoying the customer I do not understand.

Official Employee

commanguy wrote:

Comcast Teds wrote

You are able to set up a list of Favorite Channels and use that as your on-screen guide

I know you can do this by pressing the FAV button while in the Guide but are there steps to make the Favorite list the primary guide screen?

You are correct. Pressing the FAV button while in the guide grid will bring up a guide grid of your Favorites. 

Currently there is not an option to set one of your Favorites list as the primary guide screen.

Silver Problem Solver

Thanks.

New Poster

Complete failure to meet customer requirements.  Luckily, we have other options.  TIVO interface actually works, rather than forcing you to watch Comcast "marketing opportunities".  And it's cheaper than Comcast DVR.  

Comcast makes more money from the lazy people that use their DVR

Regular Contributor

Yes you can in fact program the remote so that when the guide button is pressed the primary favorite list will be displayed. To do this you create what is called a "macro".  This works on all my Motorola and Pace boxes with the Comcast remote. Make sure that you already have a Favorites List created.

This process does not "delete" the channels from your receiver. It only creates a "shortcut" for displaying your Favorite Channel list.

Here are the steps :

1) Press the Cable button on the top of the remote

2) Press and Hold the Setup button until the remote light blinks twice then release the Setup Button.

3) Type in code 995

4) Press the following buttons in this order : GUIDE, GUIDE, FAV

5) Press and hold the Setup button until the remote light blinks twice.

6) Your Guide button is programmed to display your favorites list everytime it is pushed.

To remove this Macro follow the same steps as above, but in Step 4) Only push the Guide button.

Hope this helps. It has saved me alot of frustration with the inferior Comcast Guide.

The Satellite companies have been offering this feature for well over a decade now...

New Poster

Thanks! Seriously this really worked. I've had DirecTV and Cox and both had DVRs where you could set the favorites list for the guide or just skip certain channels.
Glad I found your post!!
Regular Contributor

Glad that I could help.  I really hope that the Comcast "Suits" start addressing their customers frustrations with the inferior Guide.   

Regular Visitor

The macro didn't work for me. All it did was take away the function of the exit button and I can't undo it. Help