Community Forum

decades tv returns to detroit sept 30,2019

Contributor

decades tv returns to detroit sept 30,2019

Decades tv returned to detroit m. on monday afternoon sept 30, 2019 on over-the air channel 2.5 (fox tv).  Y-A-A-A!!! 

Now we 'i love lucy' lovers won't have to go into withdrawl when hallmark drops her for 2 1/2 months to show their 'made-for-tv christmas drivel'-ugh-movies. 

Now, WHEN CAN WE EXPECT TO SEE DECADES TV ADDED BACK TO OUR DETROIT AREA COMCAST LINEUP? 

(decades tv website says' coming soon') 

S-o-o-o-o  how about it comcast, WHEN???? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: decades tv returns to detroit sept 30,2019

If that 2.5 is a NEW channel being broadcast, then they may need to come to a new carriage deal with the Fox channel. If it replaced an existing channel, then it may already be there if Comcast was carrying it.

Contributor

OTA channel 2.5 is an additional subchannel added to their existing subchannels of 2.2, 2.3,  and 2.4 which are all already carried on cComcast in Detroit.  And since Decades' website is already announcing they're 'coming soon' to both Comcast and WOW in Detroit, it would be nice if Comcast could give us customers some NICE news for a change - LIKE WHEN WE'LL SEE DECADES ON COMCAST CABLE IN DETROIT???  (I can't believe SOMEONE at Comcast doesn't already have this info.)

Diamond Problem Solver

Normally what will happen, is if Decades is truly added, it will take the place of one of the sub channels. It’s rare that it’ll get added on an additional channel. Check your statements for changes but usually those channels get changed by the network without notification

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!