Community Forum

csn bay area sports channel 720 bad signal, pixelization.

New Poster

csn bay area sports channel 720 bad signal, pixelization.

I see that some in this forum are saying they've fixed the issue, but I can't see how they did it. I've had comcast come out and check the signal, found one loose connection and fixed it. signal looked good to him. The channel was not pixelating while he was here. It seems to be intermittent, usually only when there is a ball game on.

It started pixelating again a couple weeks after the visit. Does it on all the tv's in the house. I swapped out all the cable boxes and it still pixelates.

Is there a fix for this?

New Poster

Re: csn bay area sports channel 720 bad signal, pixelization.

I’m getting the same thing EVERY Sharks broadcast. Only happens when I’m on 721

Hopefully a Comcast moderator sees this and finds a resolution. 1 channel being poor, during specific broadcasts isn’t a loose connection or box issue.
New Poster

every Warriors game for the past two weeks is pixelated.  switched out box - no difference.

New Poster

Same here, channels 720 and 721, for over a period prob 3 years. During giants and sharks games.
Regular Contributor

Contact CSNBA

@mellooney wrote:
Same here, channels 720 and 721, for over a period prob 3 years. During giants and sharks games.

3 yrs? Need to contact CSN BAy Area and tell them and see what the say is the problem.

New Poster

Non HD channel 040 solves problem. Just make sure to adjust setting so your TV doesn’t automatically go to HD station.
Regular Visitor

NBC Sports Bay Area reception is horrible! Always pixelates during Giants and Warriors games.  So Annoying!!!  Wish they would fix it!!! Smiley Sad

Official Employee

21Ben, pixelation during a game is THEE WORST. I'd be happy to assist and see what's going on here. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I had to give up watching the giants last night and tonight. The screen looks more like an impressionist painting than a ball game. Comcast - can’t you fix this?
New Poster

Simply terrible and not sure what the problem is on their side. Streaming via HD on the Xfinity Stream is fine, so it is isolated to the digital HD broadcast. Probably some poor compression algorithm that they are using...

Comcast needs to get their act together.
New Poster

Oh - and I notice it never happens during ANY commercials where they make $$$$$. Only their content is problematic - live games....
Official Employee

Hey All,

Appreciate you letting us know about the reception issues. I'm happy to take a closer look at troubleshooting with you. Shoot me a private message with your name for help.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!