Community Forum

channels

lookings
New Poster

channels

what happened to channel 187. it was kron tv now it is court tv why.

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: channels

It’s a sub channel and it’s possible the station owner flipped it with a different sub channel they have rights to. Nothing to do with Comcast, it’s the station owner that dictates what’s broadcasted

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
lr88
New Poster

Sorry, but that's meaningless, what does sub channel even mean? The poster and myself are looking for the reason, not the same non answer you can get from Comcast. For me, this is the last straw in channels randomly disappearing. Funny how those skewing to older audiences like this and FOLK tv which also disappeared and was replaced by a fishing channel are going away. This 30 year customer is going to DISH, which carries these channels and won't charge me more than 300 a month for cable and slow internet. I do appreciate the response, just asking that its something we can take action on.
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

@lr88
Here’s how it works for example using Fox. Your local Fox affiliate may own other channels, the sub channels. On an antenna, they would be XX.1,XX.2 and so on. That would be the Grit TV, Court TV, Dabl, among others. Some Comcast markets may carry some or all of that owner’s sub stations. The owner’s have the right to take one network and substitute for what they may consider one that performs better. They don’t have to give notice and hardly do. Nothing to do with Comcast, they are broadcasting what is given. If you don’t like the switch, the station owners are where your comments should be directed.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!