Why do channels switch from english to spanish? how come there is running commentary on other channels
Without knowing all of the specifics in your situation, you may want to try these options:
- If you have a DTA, and your remote control has a LANG button on it, press it.
- If you have an HD or SD full cable box:
Most low or no audio issues can be corrected by setting the Optimal Stereo output of the cable box. Here are the steps: Press the Menu button twice on your remote control. Select Setup. Select Audio Setup Under the Optimal Stereo setting, choose "Select to Optimize" and press OK/Select on the remote control
- The audio settings on your cable box may have accidentally been changed:
Press the Menu button twice on the Comcast Universal Remote Control. A new screen below will appear, with the top-left option automatically selected.
Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Setup and press OK/Select (the center key on the remote control in the middle of the 4 arrow/directional buttons).
Use the down-arrow key (above the Info button) to navigate to Audio setup and press OK/Select.
The Default Audio Track will default to the first option–Channel default–which which is always the channel’s main audio track (unless it was previously changed).
Press the right-arrow navigation key to change the audio track. Changing this selection will instantly change the audio.
1. Press once for English
2. Press twice for Spanish (Español) OR to activate Video Description (DVS)
3. Press three times for French (Français) 4. Press four times for Portuguese (Portugues).
5. Then press the Exit button (above the Volume button) to resume program viewing
Please note: These audio options can only be heard if the program provider or cable channel is providing that additional audio option.
- If the above does not help, look at the remote control for your TV set (not your cable box) as the TVs language settings may have been accidentally changed (sometimes labeled as MTS or SAP on the remote or via your TVs settings menu).
We have experienced channels inexplicably switching to Spanish for the past year. VERY frustrating. The solution is to use the Comcast remote and press the menu or Xfinity button 2 x. Then select Setup. Select Audio Set up. Change the default tract from English (which currently is in Spanish) to French or Portuguese and then back to English. And, you will have English again.
Fix this Xfinity?!!
The question was why the setting in the Comcast cable "box" is being changed to Spanish, not how to correct it. The problem occurs several times per year. Now the additional question is why descriptive video services are intermittently audible on various stations, despite the fact that they have been disabled within the cable "box" It appears that Comcast has recurrent software issues that it needs to correct to discontinue inconveniencing customers.