Community Forum

channel line up alphabetically

New Poster

channel line up alphabetically

I would like to have a channel line up alphabetically by network.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: channel line up alphabetically

Comcast may have it online at https://www.xfinity.com/learn/channel-lineup.

Regular Contributor

Even the local channel lineup only allows for sorting by channel number, although you can enter a partial channel name to see the numbers that match (e.g. "ESPN" will show all of the ESPN channels). However, you can't enter a broadcast network name (e.g. CBS) unless you happen to live somewhere where that network's affiliate is included in the name (e.g. KABC in Los Angeles, or KBCW in San Francisco).

That's another problem with an alphabetical lineup; the broadcast channels would all be under K or W, depending on what part of the country you're in.

Official Employee

ThatDonGuy -- Were you able to get your line-up this way?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastShane wrote:

ThatDonGuy -- Were you able to get your line-up this way?

Which way - by channel number? Yes.

I created my own alphabetical listing by cutting and pasting the list from the website to TextPad (fortunately the channel numbers and names were already aligned) and then sorting the list. Even that has some problems of its own - the main ones were:
1. All of the local channels were lumped together by their call letters;

2. The subchannels aren't identified by network name, but by the parent channel (i.e. Buzzr was listed only as KTVU-DT4; I had to look them all up separately on Wikipedia)

3. Some channels don't have their SD and HD versions next to each other, because of other titles that begin with the same name - for example, between Showtime and Showtime HD are Showtime Extreme and Showtime Familyzone; also, CNN SD appears as "Cable News Network," so it is separated from CNN HD by the three C-SPAN channels.

Official Employee

Good to know. We don't have the option to sort it alphabetically by network at this time, but we will be sure to pass along your feedback on this. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!