Community Forum

beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

Frequent Visitor

Re: Now NO bein sports at all???

That deal between Comcast and Bein wont happen I think. I dont understand though , why Bein Sports wont offer, open to all, streaming service, lets say for 5-10 per month.  You need to be subscriber of authorized provider who have Bein Sports in their channel line up in order to access it. Maybe it has something to do with contract obligations , not sure, but I would certailnly rather pay them than Sling.

Regular Contributor

@diskiukas wrote:

That deal between Comcast and Bein wont happen I think. I dont understand though , why Bein Sports wont offer, open to all, streaming service, lets say for 5-10 per month.  You need to be subscriber of authorized provider who have Bein Sports in their channel line up in order to access it. Maybe it has something to do with contract obligations , not sure, but I would certailnly rather pay them than Sling.

sling is an authorized beIN stream provider

Frequent Visitor

I read about the WTA thing earlier. It's interesting because WTA tennis was the only reason I even knew or cared about bein. Their coverage was very subpar though, often on tape delay or cut short for men’s soccer from one of the international men’s leagues. Which itself is funny because the WTA left The Tennis Channel (which Comcast still carries BTW), because they felt they were being biased toward the ATP. Glad to see they’ll be back on TTC come January.
New Poster

@billmich88888 wrote:

You should go back and read the entire thread because it's was beIN that pulled their channel from both Comcast AND Directv. Comcast would LOVE to have kept the channel at the same terms as before. But beIN took their ball and went home like a spoiled child when they didn't get their way.

Your beef is with them.

I'm sorry to argue, but this is simply not how businesses operate with each other.  You've hidden the truth in one small phrase "kept the channel at the same terms as before". Well, there's this thing called inflation, not to mention apparent value. Bein decided they were worth better terms. Comcast disagrees. Fine, they want to sever business ties, that's their decision. But I was paying for a package because I can't buy the channels individually. I don't care about Uni Mas. I don't care about Deportes. 

It's basic business math. If the package was worth $9.99 a month with Bein in it, then it's worth something less than this with it removed. Not sure where you get 13 cents, there aren't anywhere near 77 channels in the international sports package so Bein represents a lot more of the ten bucks than 13 cents. I was willing to take it on the chin for a month or so assuming both sides were using the looming European soccer seasons at the end of August to play a game of "chicken" on pricing, but we're into week 8 at this point and so that leveage is out the window. Clearly Bein overplayed their hand and no deal is going to be reached. Fine. But then the price of the package has to be adjusted to reflect this. 

If Bein can't recognize they've overplayed their hand, then yes I'll be angry with them for not agreeing to a less costly deal, but I can still have beef with Comcast for taking money out of my pocket for content they are no longer providing because they hide all the apparent value inside bundles and packages. 

I have no interest in blaming anyone or having beef with anyone. I simply want the chance to pay for what I want or to not be charged for something I'm not getting. But to take it away (whoever did is irrelevant, I can't get it) and keep charging me for it is dishonest. 

Regular Contributor

Where does it say in the contract that if a channel gets dropped, your bill will go down?

If you are that upset about it, you should contact your state attorney general and see if a class action lawsuit is in order.(or consumer protection board, or whatever you may have access to)

I have a feeling that Comcast has pretty good legal minds writing these contracts and they are airtight

But I'm not a lawyer, (maybe you are) so I am always open to being corrected on this.

Regular Visitor

I'm not too surprised.  I was suprised when they left the Tennis Channel.  But now are realizing the lack of exposure they've received on Bein Sports.  Am glad they're coming back to the Tennis Channel. 

Frequent Visitor

@jimjohnmarks wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

You should go back and read the entire thread because it's was beIN that pulled their channel from both Comcast AND Directv. Comcast would LOVE to have kept the channel at the same terms as before. But beIN took their ball and went home like a spoiled child when they didn't get their way.

Your beef is with them.

I'm sorry to argue, but this is simply not how businesses operate with each other.  You've hidden the truth in one small phrase "kept the channel at the same terms as before". Well, there's this thing called inflation, not to mention apparent value. Bein decided they were worth better terms. Comcast disagrees. Fine, they want to sever business ties, that's their decision. But I was paying for a package because I can't buy the channels individually. I don't care about Uni Mas. I don't care about Deportes. 

It's basic business math. If the package was worth $9.99 a month with Bein in it, then it's worth something less than this with it removed. Not sure where you get 13 cents, there aren't anywhere near 77 channels in the international sports package so Bein represents a lot more of the ten bucks than 13 cents. I was willing to take it on the chin for a month or so assuming both sides were using the looming European soccer seasons at the end of August to play a game of "chicken" on pricing, but we're into week 8 at this point and so that leveage is out the window. Clearly Bein overplayed their hand and no deal is going to be reached. Fine. But then the price of the package has to be adjusted to reflect this. 

If Bein can't recognize they've overplayed their hand, then yes I'll be angry with them for not agreeing to a less costly deal, but I can still have beef with Comcast for taking money out of my pocket for content they are no longer providing because they hide all the apparent value inside bundles and packages. 

I have no interest in blaming anyone or having beef with anyone. I simply want the chance to pay for what I want or to not be charged for something I'm not getting. But to take it away (whoever did is irrelevant, I can't get it) and keep charging me for it is dishonest. 

I think this user tried to argue the same, but not sure what the outcome was

billmich88888 Regular Contributor ‎07-23-2018 08:19 AM
Re: Removing big ten network
so they say that costs "skyrocketed" (but a previous post states its 48 cents a month)

Then keep it on that sports and entertainment package and charge 11 bucks instead of 10. (or whatever the numbers would be).
People will pay it if they want it. and Comcast would actully PROFIT but .52 cents per month per SEP subscriber.

To NOT make it available in the sports and entertainment package (basically an 'a la carte' package) is insulting.

Regular Contributor

the outcome is that BTN carries programming that moves the needle. and Comcast caved. 

in addition, the BTN was about money, pure and simple.

beIN is about what tier they wanted to be placed in. If it was about pure money and them remaining in the sports pack, then I would state the same thing that I did months ago about BTN. The beIN dispute is about them DEMANDING to be in a higher priced tier. 

I'll state it again, if beIN doesn't qualify as a "sports pack channel" then what does?

BeIN does not carry programming that moves the needle and beIN (USA) will be out of business within 18 months.

Pretty simple that Big 10 Football and Basketball >>>> anything that beIN carries.

Thank you for your stalkery

Frequent Visitor

Not sure about being out of business. They are backed by oil money, Bein Sports is worldwide brand. They will be ok, maybe not in US though.

Regular Contributor

excellent point (posted edited and bolded)

Official Employee

Re: beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

Hello All, 

The information being provided by @ComcastTeds is correct. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

So since is not part of the pack the I sing will I get credit back ,because is one of the reasons I the sport pack soccer
Regular Contributor

@Edgarmole wrote:
So since is not part of the pack the I sing will I get credit back ,because is one of the reasons I the sport pack soccer

Where does it say that in the contract?

I don't think that's how it works, but if it is in the contract, I would love to know where so I can use it for things I don't like

New Poster

AGREE

Official Employee

Hi @Edgarmole

Unfortunately, we will not provide credits. We still offer many channels that offer soccer programming, including FOX, FS1, Univision, Univision Deportes, Telemundo, NBCSN, ESPN, and ESPN Deportes.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Very ignorant to say we have other channels that shows soccer. Its same thing as to say we dont have HBO , but we have Cinemax. It does not help me if I wanna watch Game of Thrones, does it?

New Poster

Take the hit with the fee. There are many other ways to watch what you want for less money and headaches than COMCAST. I did and never looked back.
Regular Contributor

@Gus305 wrote:
Take the hit with the fee. There are many other ways to watch what you want for less money and headaches than COMCAST. I did and never looked back.

Great 1st post to the forum, where did you switch to?

Obviously not Uverse or DirecTV as they don't have beIN either (beIN yanked their channel from those guys like they did from Comcast)

Frequent Visitor

What a dumb answer. Tell me in with channel can I watch the Spanish league?  I moved to a different provider and I am very happy I did.

Frequent Visitor

Dish network 

Regular Contributor

@Pescado57 wrote:

What a dumb answer. Tell me in with channel can I watch the Spanish league?  I moved to a different provider and I am very happy I did.

Looks like this is the only topic that you have posted in, so beIN sports must be very important to you. 

what was the upfront costs in getting a dish installed?>

Frequent Visitor

Dish Network 

Frequent Visitor

Does it matter? If I am happy watching my Barsa?

Regular Contributor

@Pescado57 wrote:

Does it matter? If I am happy watching my Barsa?

I think people considering switching might be interested in knowing what it costs to switch to a place where you have to buy a dish and have it installed.

I am glad you are happy with your new service, why are you on the message forum of your OLD provider making negative comments? Shouldn't you be on a dish network forum espousing how happy you are?

Did you keep Comcast as your internet service provider? (if you had them before)

Frequent Visitor

Can you tell me what complain did I make?

Frequent Visitor

And to answer your question.  Why am I in this forum? Xfinity keeps sending me notifications with out me asking for it.

Expert

@Pescado57 wrote:

And to answer your question.  Why am I in this forum? Xfinity keeps sending me notifications with out me asking for it.

Apparently you checked that a notification be sent to you when anyone replies to this thread.  In order to stop receiving these, you will need to go to Settings in your Forum Profile and under Personal/Email Settings check Don't send me any community notifications.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Dont bother answering. He just likes the attention.

New Poster

I understand the contract negotiations didn't work out but why are we not compensated for loosing that channel
Regular Contributor

@Joetavares wrote:
I understand the contract negotiations didn't work out but why are we not compensated for loosing that channel

It's the same reason that your bill doesn't go up (while under contract) for when something is added. (channels/features...etc). Signing up for the sports package becomes a deFacto contract, "on a monthly basis". When beIN was created years ago and added to the sports package, the price of the packing did not go up because of this.

Unless you have found something in the contract that states otherwise.... did you find anything in the contract/agreement? I would love to see where it is so I can get money back if something is taken away.

Alas, I do not think it is in there

Regular Contributor

Please see section #4 - Changes to Services within this link here: https://www.xfinity.com/corporate/customers/policies/subscriberagreement to find out more information regarding our agreement terms for residential services. 

this is why you don't get a refund.....

Frequent Visitor

I think we should all get compensated by comcast for this disgrace.

I think a $10 a month discount is in order for the loss of such a great channel.

We should start a petition in change .org to bring back beIN or else start a mass demonstration in the streets like all those snowflakes do

New Poster

I agree with you!

Regular Contributor

Re: beIN SPORTS update 12/17/18