Community Forum

beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

Frequent Visitor

Re: beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

Look, all of us including me,should blame ourselves. We should've known better that gigantic company that mainly owns this market is not the best option for your entertaiment. They are too big to care.  Money is all they care. They would care if people start leaving, however Bein Sports is niche channel in US and some of us leaving will not make even a dent. As far as Comcast goes, move away as soon as you can, cause this is not the last time , something like that will happen over and over.

New Poster

Apologies. Not intended to be the best solution, but certainly "an" option (out of a few) for fans to see the programming they are looking for.

I live that: Out of a few! One of the few is certainly Dish or DirectTV and there is where I am heading today. Voila Xfinity.... .until never!

New Poster

@billmich88888 wrote:

Xfinity has no stake in sling.

Sling is an offshoot of Dish Network

Oh I am sure the agreement between them was favorable to Comcast. Search it on google you will see what I am talking about.

New Poster

Dont care what you what say, the blame is all on comcast. I cancelled today and Dish is coming to install Monday.

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@Cooocoo wrote:

So Basically you are asking me to pay a different cable provider with sling tv for 1 channel what a bad solution you just raised prices I want to be credited for bein sports not being on my channel lineup

For our X1 customers, beIN SPORTS & beIN en Español can be viewed on X1 by subscribing to Sling’s World Sports package (currently 11 channels). That package is $10/month and is billed directly to your credit card.

Current offer is a 7 day free trial.

Find this by saying "Sling World Sports" into the Xfinity voice remote control... or on the X1 box, press the Xfinity button, go to Apps, then select Video, then select Sling. Then select World Sports from the drop down in the upper right and follow the on-screen instructions.

The above, while not ideal, is certainly "an" option for some customers while the current situation is being negotiated/discussed between the two parties. It is an option that has been on X1 since April. 

We are hopeful that beIN will decide to negotiate in good faith, come to a fair agreement immediately on reasonable terms, and return its programming to our Xfinity TV customers.

New Poster

No other providers have the right to broadcast La Liga in the United States, besides BeIn Sports. Comcast needs to stop fooling around and give them what is deserved.

@Mui wrote:

If Comcast can't reach an agreement with BeIn, try to work with another broadcasting channel who will broadcast Spanish and other European soccer.  Can't just hang your viewers up to dry.  I sign up with Comcast because of the sports channels.  Comcast is charging us left and right.  We get FS1 included but have to pay extra for FS2.  Now we lose BeIn.    Ch. 1227 was not HD either like 1228.   Being cheated on that too.   Now tell us to pay for Sling.  So losing BeIn is actually a gain for Comcast and a loss and inconvenience for us.  Comcast should at least deduct $10 for us in the monthly fee for us to sign up for Sling. 

New Poster

Re: BEIN Sports Fail

I am following your footsteps. Out of comcast

@RealMadrid22 wrote:

OK guys, seriously. Get the deal done, or just tell us that it isn't going to happen at all. I need this channel and don't want to have to switch providers or also sign up for sling or fubo, unless it's a must. And if I do either of those, I am going to cut the cord, because this is ridiculous. Having to watch it in SD was bad enough, but then for this to happen...while every other provider has the channel...frankly it is beyond aggravating. Giving you one week. I will miss this weekend's game. But after that...I'm done.

Frequent Visitor

Appreciate the effort and workaround, but still ridiculous.  Not like you're lowering the price of the sports package now that it doesn't offer the two bein channels which is at least half the reason why I have that package.  Here's an idea, why don't you credit the sling fee back to us and we won't switch our provider?

Regular Contributor

It appears that Comcast has dropped the channel slot altogether now. It was on channel 728 in my area and for the past 3 weeks, it ran a loop of why the programming wasn't there.

Now it has poofed, very likely for a LOOOOOOONG time

Regular Contributor

@realMadridForev wrote:

@billmich88888 wrote:

according to beIN's own wiki page:

**********beIN SPORTS terminated their agreement with Comcast on August 1, 2018.***********

so it was beIN that made this decision, not comcast

You are ignorant. A contract is an agreement between both parties. If BeIn decided to terminate the contract on their own, they would have been sued greatly by comcast. The contract expired and the parties did not agree to renew it. It is pointless for me at this time... I am currently on a run-around chat trying to cancel my service.

I was just copying and pasting what was said..........

The contract, in effect, was NOT renewed at beIN's decision, not Comcast's. Comcast has stated that they were more than happy to re-up the existing deal.

But in any event, you don't care what is said, you have made up your mind who is at fault, no matter what is presented , and you are out the door.

I personally wish you the best with your new provider

Regular Visitor

Well, that did it for me. I cut the cord. Went from paying $200+ to $82/month. Sling and Hulu are getting my money now, and I can watch BeIN Sports on Sling in HD, instead of the SD feed Comcast gave us. If I want HBO, I will give the money to them directly, thank you very much. 

So by saving pennies on a channel for soccer fans, Comcast lost a premium customer. Way to go guys. 

If you are on a two-year contract, you can downgrade service and you won't be charged a termination fee, by the way.

Contributor

First of all, to the moderators, why the heck did you delete my previous post?  You have no right to exercise censorship of customers for no reason.   This will be moved to corporate, copy included.  Who do you think you are?

Second, as I said previously, I wish I could cut the cord with Comcast.  Unfortunately, my community has a global deal with them that is going to tie me over for a while.  And what is worse, is that I actively participated in convincing people to agree to the deal.  Now, I feel responsible for the Bein debacle.  

But, as I said, just wait until it comes to renew time for our global deal, Comcast is going to miss A TON of money every month.

p.s. Moderators, what's wrong with that post?

Expert

@NoNonsense wrote:

First of all, to the moderators, why the heck did you delete my previous post?  You have no right to exercise censorship of customers for no reason.   This will be moved to corporate, copy included.  Who do you think you are?

Second, as I said previously, I wish I could cut the cord with Comcast.  Unfortunately, my community has a global deal with them that is going to tie me over for a while.  And what is worse, is that I actively participated in convincing people to agree to the deal.  Now, I feel responsible for the Bein debacle.  

But, as I said, just wait until it comes to renew time for our global deal, Comcast is going to miss A TON of money every month.

p.s. Moderators, what's wrong with that post?

Your post was removed because it quoted a post that was in violation of Forum Guidelines which was also removed.

Although everyone on the internet is able to read here, this is a private Forum owned by Comcast and everyone agrees to abide by the Guidelines and Acceptable Use Policy in order to participate here.  When someone violates those terms in a post, it is removed, and any post that quotes the violation has to be removed as well.  This isn't censorship.  FWIW, most customer participation forums are like this.

So, while what YOU wrote wasn't in violation, what was quoted was.

If you'd like, I can copy/paste what you wrote into a PM so that you can re-post it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'm really missing La Liga and Serie A. Why can't Comcast give us the spanish soccer package until Bein dispute resolved and/or RAI? Greed. I'm giving them to mid September and then Comcast loses my $350+ a month. I've been a customer for nearly 20 years but sports and soccer in particular are the only things keeping me from cutting the cord. I guess it is time to select one of the other much cheaper service like fubotv or sling. Seems stupid to lose subscribers over this but I guess Comcast doesn't care. Bring back Bein sports!

Frequent Visitor

I am leaving sep. first. Enough is enough.

Regular Visitor

I dont beleive Comcast care about customers...
I paying olmost 240.00 a month and i use tv for news or bein sports.
I time to get ATT for less money and more Bein sports channels
New Poster

Another customer that will live because not Bein Sport this all I watch La liga Española the other tv show I can watch all of them On youtube come on Comcast get this fix
New Poster

Could not have expressed it better.

It's bad enough that you can't come to agreement with Bein and you remove them without reducing our fees, but it adds insult to injury that you blame Bein and tell customers to watch other soccer games.

Your customers are smarter than you think, and over time they're going to vote with their feet!
New Poster

I hate Comcast and, of course, I can't change providers due to HOA restrictions. And now they've taken away Bein? Well up yours. I'm expecting a lower bill now Comcast!
Regular Visitor

It’s no fair. Less channels for the same price. 7 month more and I’ll never again be a Comcast customer.
Regular Visitor

i called Comcast the other day planing so so. But the customer services representative tele me that the early cancelation fee will be applied. Figure it up I have seven more month with Comcast. No chance to switch to other TV provider? Any suggestion?
Regular Visitor

SlingTV is an app that you can found on Xfinity apps. but doesn't work. To streaming beinsport you need a device  that be able to do; Apple tv four generation or  up. Xbox one, rock express, ext. or you can install Sling Tv app on your iPhone  or android and mirroring to TV using as well for example using apple TV 3st generatio or lower. 

New Poster

Re: Now NO bein sports at all???

I am paying a lot of money, maybe it is time to change provider
Regular Visitor

Just one only Choise. Go to slingTv.com and purchases the just the package that described as the best of Spanish TV service. Both channels beinsporten and beinsportes are included.
New Poster

Well... this is not fear... but our options is to cancel the whole xfinity account and get any other cheaper online service.. actually, this is the future anyway, you guys(Comcast) should be planning how you are going to compete with so many good online options...

As some have mentioned.... we don't do anything with 400+ channels if we watch very few, specially sports channels...

To be honest, it is exciting looking for better options at all times...

New Poster

This is unacceptable. I consider this a breach of contract. The only reason I have the TV and not just internet is soccer, and dropping BeiN without notice is unacceptable.  Fix it.

Contributor

I am trying the free trial to be able to watch motorcycle racing on beIN Sports thru Sling TV. By using Sling TV I will be paying the same amount to Sling TV that I was to Xfinity for the Sports package that included beIN Sports but the way I see it, the only difference is that Xfinity isn't getting my $10 a month so who lost out on this?  I would much rather go back to the way it was before being able to watch beIN thru Xfinity and pay them the $10, which allows me to record the racing, although Sling allows me to watch the races On Demand.  I think I will keep the Sling TV for the racing season, so far so good, I was able to watch MotoAmerica racing and catch up on the races I missed the past few weeks in HD plus other programming on the other channels they carry so I am satisfied and think it is worth the $10 a month,  I don't know the the complete financial situation but it would appear to me that Xfinity would rather have my $10 a month going into their pockets instead of Sling TV's. 

Contributor

I was able to use the app on my TV which is about a 7 year old Samsung, I don't have any of the Apple, Ruku, or other devices and it works for me just fine. Also since I signed up for the free trial I am able to watch it on my laptop and phone (just not all at once). Don't know why you weren't able to access it. Good luck.

New Poster

This is wrong. My package at the time of purchase is for Internet and the latino package would be added , my options were Internet Plus Hbo or Cinemax or starz or showtime or Latino...I picked latino because I can see la Liga in Bein sports I could not care less about the other 20 channels and most of us really dont care about standard resolution Telexitos, or most of the channels...there is more than enough latino content in regular TV with 5 channels to choose from. But the value of the latino Package was Fox sports, espn and bein sports in HD EVERYTHING else is trash do away with the fat and get us Bein back. 

New Poster

Feel exactly the same...They sale this thing as an add on to internet but then take the meat out of it and when you want to change to the other options xfinity wants to reset everything and charge 20 dollars more 

New Poster

No BEIN Sports?

Time to cut the cable.

Regular Contributor

Re: No BEIN Sports?

if you want beIN, don't switch to DirecTv (or Uverse), as they also are not allowed to carry the channel.

Again, it is NOT the carriers (Comcast) fault. It is the fault of this niche channel demanding to be placed on a higher priced tier of service.

digital tier is always more expensive than the sports pack

http://www.beinsports.com/us/general/news/why-is-bein-sports-no-longer-on-att-u-verse-d/964883

New Poster

I want beIN sports.  Soccer season in Europe has started.  I like the MLS,  but I can watch that with a cheaper cable packege or onlin.  Come on, lets get beIn sports back!!!  

New Poster

You work for Comcast?  Who cares what Comcast has to pay.  I can drop Comcast, can't drop beIn (because I'm not getting it) so complaining to Comcast is the best option.  Or complain to both.  

Regular Contributor

@Thomas79 wrote:

You work for Comcast?  Who cares what Comcast has to pay.  I can drop Comcast, can't drop beIn (because I'm not getting it) so complaining to Comcast is the best option.  Or complain to both.  

the sling option only costs $10/ Month. so drop the sports pack and pay for this and monetarily it breaks even

Frequent Visitor

And keep your fingers crossed that Dish does not drop Bein Sports, now that more carriers are dropping their services.

DirecTV/AT&T just dropped Bein Sports today so that can only cause me to think that the problem here is Bein Sports. Maybe Bein Sports is in financial trouble and needs that extra cash to stay in business.

Am I sure that this is "to be continued......"

Maybe in the near future La Liga and Ligue 1 games will be on the other Spanish/Latino channels. Bein Sport lost Serie A and more might follow if Bein Sports needs the extra cash flow to stay afloat....... 

We have not heard the last of this...... Bein Sports being squeezed by both Comcast and DirecTV is big.......

New Poster

I'm ticked off about BEIN also; however, that is NOT a latino channel. It is a network from Qatar, which carries, among others, La Liga (Spain, not Latin America). It also carries some or all of France's Ligue 1 - not sure how much some I'm a Barca fan and don't give a rat's *** about Neymar anymore!

New Poster

I dropped Comcast TV and phone service. Running just internet, bought an antenna for $25 and hooked it into the old cat5 wiring. Have FUBO which carries live TV channels, including those that carry the Sox, Pats, B's and C's, and also has BEIN, ESPN FoxSports and others.  MUCH CHEAPER. 3 weeks on I'm happy as a clam.

if you are stuck in a contract and can't do what I did, look at FIOS. They will help buy you out of your lame *** contract and they HAVE BEIN

New Poster

BeIN

I’m very frustrated with the channel beIN being taken down. This has been my favorite channel to watch high level soccer. My favorite soccer team plays on this channel and now I am unable to watch them because of the pathetic dispute. I have been watching this channel for so long and it’s crazy to think you could just as easily take it down. I know I’m not the only person who is a huge fan of this network. You must put it back up because so many people are counting on you to watch these soccer teams. Settle the dispute and put it back on! Otherwise I can no longer be a loyal consumer to comcast.
New Poster

This is absolutely ridiculous. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world and yet you are disallowing so many fans from being able to watch their favorite teams play. You expect us to just drop the teams we’ve grown attached to and watch some other teams. There’s a whole new world of soccer outside of the US and beIN has all these incredible teams to watch. This is honestly so frustrating not being able to watch them play and I’m considering just dropping this network altogether. I’ve had to wait so long just to be able to watch them, and once I finally got the channel, it’s being taken down. Nonsense. We need this channel, bring it back!
New Poster

The only reason I have the latin package is for beIN SPORTS and watch "La Liga", now you are telling me that you are not including it due to a fee dispute!, Ok, since you are not paying them this fee, how much my monthly payment is going to be down?

New Poster

Dear Xfinity,

I give you one week. If there is no BeIN Sports channel by 9/9/18, I will call to cancel my account.

I encourage everyone to do the same.

Regular Visitor

Already cancelled Xfinity TV. I'm on Sling TV. SlingTV, Dish and FIOS are the only providers that still have Bein Sports. I blame Bein and Comcast for their greed, not just Comcast.

New Poster

Just cancelled my Sports Entertainment package because of the dispute with beIN.  Won't be back until it's restored and upgraded to HD.

Official Employee

@cfcannon wrote:

I'm really missing La Liga and Serie A. Why can't Comcast give us the spanish soccer package until Bein dispute resolved and/or RAI? Greed. I'm giving them to mid September and then Comcast loses my $350+ a month. I've been a customer for nearly 20 years but sports and soccer in particular are the only things keeping me from cutting the cord. I guess it is time to select one of the other much cheaper service like fubotv or sling. Seems stupid to lose subscribers over this but I guess Comcast doesn't care. Bring back Bein sports!

For our X1 customers, beIN SPORTS & beIN en Español can be viewed on X1 by subscribing to Sling’s World Sports package (currently 11 channels). That package is $10/month and is billed directly to your credit card.

Find this by saying "Sling World Sports" into the Xfinity voice remote control... or on the X1 box, press the Xfinity button, go to Apps, then select Video, then select Sling. Then select World Sports from the drop down in the upper right and follow the on-screen instructions.

The above, while not ideal, is certainly "an" option for some customers while the current situation is being negotiated/discussed between the two parties. It is an option that has been on X1 since April.

We are hopeful that beIN will decide to negotiate in good faith, come to a fair agreement immediately on reasonable terms, and return its programming to our Xfinity TV customers.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@giveabreak wrote:
I dont beleive Comcast care about customers...
I paying olmost 240.00 a month and i use tv for news or bein sports.
I time to get ATT for less money and more Bein sports channels

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@RafaelGomezJr wrote:
Another customer that will live because not Bein Sport this all I watch La liga Española the other tv show I can watch all of them On youtube come on Comcast get this fix

Official Employee

@Thomas79 wrote:

I want beIN sports.  Soccer season in Europe has started.  I like the MLS,  but I can watch that with a cheaper cable packege or onlin.  Come on, lets get beIn sports back!!!  

Regular Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

You are being disingenious, as usual.  Of course, Bein would want a substantially different deal than the previous one, since that one was a one-sided deal, in your favor, so that this new network would get a foothole in the lineup.  And after years of profiting, you pretend to be surprised that they would want a substantially better deal?  Thay have a good reason for it, as opposed to Comcast usually meritless increses to your customers.

Bein [Spanish] is one of my top ten watching channels period.  Why don't save money taking out some Latino Lineup useless channels NOBODY watches, I know them, and you know them, you have the data, and use that to pay Bein Spanish more?  What's so difficult?  

I NEED Bein.  It CANNOT be replaced "searching for soccer" like you pretend, that is a very ignorant and disrespectfull thing to say.  It's like you tell a Yankees fan, that you don't offer their games anymore, but "no problem" they can search for other baseball games.  That is how stupid your suggestion is.  Bein has soccer rights that no other network has.  I pay you for that channel, GET IT!

just because beIN agreed to a lopsided deal 6 years ago doesn't mean that they get to play "catch up" on this deal.

you negotiate with the cards you currently hold, ...looking FORWARD, not the past.....

New Poster

Maybe you should mention here that you cannot record any matches on Sling using a DVR if you’re on the X1 platform....Direct TV is looking much better all the sudden.
Regular Visitor

@Havi2000 wrote:
Maybe you should mention here that you cannot record any matches on Sling using a DVR if you’re on the X1 platform....Direct TV is looking much better all the sudden.

Unfortunately, Directv doesn't have Bein Sports either. It was removed a couple of weeks ago. Sling TV and FIOS (which is not available in many places) are the only ones that have Bein Sports, for now.