Community Forum

beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

Official Employee

beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

The business agreement between beIN SPORTS and Comcast has expired. As a result, Comcast no longer has the rights to carry this channel. We apologize for the inconvenience. Xfinity X1 customers just search or say “soccer” into the voice remote. You’ll find a collection of games, highlights, and more. For additional information and more ways to watch soccer, visit www.xfinity.com/facts/beinSPORTS

El acuerdo commercial entre beIN SPORTS y Comcast ha vencido. Como resultado, Comcast ya no tiene los derechos para transmitir este canal. Disculpa las molestias. Los clientes de Xfinity X1 pueden buscar o decir “soccer” en el control remoto por voz. Encontrarás partidos, momentos destacados y más. Para información adicional o más formas de ver fútbol, visita Es.ComcastFacts.com/ beinsports.

We are disappointed that beIN Sports has chosen not to come to an agreement, and we now no longer have the rights to carry the networks. We offered to continue carrying the beIN networks on reasonable renewal terms, but beIN unfortunately rejected our proposal. beIN Sports refuses to negotiate an agreement that reflects the value of its programming to our customers. In order to protect our customers, we simply cannot agree to beIN’s demands. We are hopeful that beIN will decide to negotiate in good faith, come to a fair agreement immediately on reasonable terms, and return its programming to our Xfinity TV customers.

More info over at »www.xfinity.com/facts/beinSPORTS

Added 8/16/18 - For our X1 customers, beIN SPORTS & beIN en Español can be viewed on X1 by subscribing to Sling’s World Sports package (currently 11 channels). That package is $10/month and is billed directly to your credit card.

Current offer is a 7 day free trial.

Find this by saying "Sling World Sports" into the Xfinity voice remote control... or on the X1 box, press the Xfinity button, go to Apps, then select Video, then select Sling. Then select Wold Sports from the drop down in the upper right and follow the on-screen instructions.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Now NO bein sports at all???

So for 7 or 8 years we've been screaming for bein HD channels, as we've been stuck with blurry standard definition (and we know this was Comcast's fault not bein),. But now you're dropping them altogether because of a fee dispute?

So sick of this. Get bein back, and get it in HD finally. We've literally been asking for this for like 7 years now. I know i'm just one person, but the only reason i haven't "cut the cord" is sports. If World Cup qualifier's start and Xfinity doesn't have bein sports in HD, i'm done. I will do dish or streaming or something else, but no more comcast/xfinity. This is crazy.

Most popular sport on planet earth and we've been stuck in 1998 watching standard definition, and now it's gone altogether. Fix this and get the HD channels. Unreal. I have friends with satellite who have been watching HD bein since like 2012. So ridiculous.
Regular Contributor

Re: Now NO bein sports at all???

Maybe contact BeIn and ask them to be realistic in their pricing

it takes 2 to tango....

Frequent Visitor

Re: beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

So will you be crediting my bill since the Channel is not part of your, and my passed on, cost any more?

What are we talking about here, a nickel, a dime? What is Comcast per subscriber cost of this channel, it is not more than a quarter......

It is a good thing that we as consumers have choices to fix this thing ourselves instead of waiting on Comcast or the programmer to get over themselves. 

Contributor

I was considering coming back to Cable TV, but now with this I'm second guessing myself and considering other options. Come on Comcast, let's get this settled ASAP before the new Soccer seasons start. 

Problem Solver

what the ?

Why is comcast losing all it's sports channels?

There was just a price raise on my bill this month so you have more than enough money to pay bein Quit pinny pinching the whole service.

Problem Solver

what the Bill mich.

Comcast raised the prices on everyones bill and now there removing content.

Why doesn't comcast just pay bein what they want since there's more than enough money

New Poster

The most important thing on TV for me is international Championship motorcycle racing (MotoGP and World Superbike). There is a MotoGP race this weekend— figure this out. Now!!!
Frequent Visitor

Comcast is too cheap to pay up they'd rather hold onto the money..... cheapskates that they are.

Frequent Visitor

Once again, the customers are the ones that suffer since big companies are much more concerned with keeping shareholders happy and revenues at max' than they are about customer satisfaction!

BEIN Sports blames Comcast and Comcast blames BEIN Sports. All that customers know is that neither party will accept responsibility for a dispute; just like American politics.

I am absolutely disgusted with both parties.  It's no wonder that consumers have no faith whatsoever in big companies. Comcast advertises all of these multitudes of channels; most of which require additional cost to watch of course. And the number of channels that are free are minimal and should be offered free since they're not popular with anyone. I have a Comcast subscription that expires next year and, since I subscribed to Comcast primarily to watch sports on BEIN Sports, and that channel is no longer available, I will find a new carrier and drop Comcast at the end of the contract. It makes no difference to me as to who is at fault now; I've had enough.

Frequent Visitor

I couldn't agree more heartily! Comcast won't broadcast BEIN Sports in HD. BEIN Sports states that they offer their channel in HD but Comcast just refuses to comply with their customer's desires. I (was) paying $9.95/month for SD broadcasts!  Now, BEIN is gone completely.

Well, guess what Comcast and BEIN sports? At the end of my Comcast agreement, I AM GONE, TOO!   I have had enough.  I'll go to streaming or dish if I have to.

Frequent Visitor

And still no HD on Comcast for BEIN Sports?  I'm done.  At the end of my Comcast agreement Comcast will have lost a long-time customer.

New Poster

This is it for me, too. I pay for phone, internet, and TV— what a fool I am. Bye!
Frequent Visitor

In order for you to cancel BEIN Sports on your subscription you'll either have to call them or open a chat session.  They will not automatically drop the subscription and you cannot cancel online.  I found that out today when I opened a chat to cancel BEIN Sports.

Comcast makes many things relatively easy,......except cancelling any part of their services that cost them and their shareholders revenue.

I have had enough of Comcast! At the end of my subscription contract (next year), Comcast will have lost a customer who's used them for TV and internet for 20+ years.

Frequent Visitor

I subscribed to both Comcast and BEIN Sports for that exact reason! I am an avid motorcycle racing fan. It's the best racing of any motor sport bar none. In fact, I am such an avid fan that I was paying Comcast for SD broadcasts when they should be broadcast in HD. But, alas, Comcast refused to switch to HD as well.

There's very little content that Comcast offers that holds my attention. Now that BEIN Sports is gone, I'll be gone also at the end of my Comcast contract next year. Comcast will have lost a long time customer of twenty plus years.  I've had enough.

New Poster

Hi 

if no agreement with BeIN is reached , I would have to leave Xfinity after 17 years. The only thing I watch is soccer . I will stop tv, phone and would also then challenged my internet . And as I already get dish for French channels why would I stay on XF? End of August dead line for me . 

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

prices always go up, never go down, just a simple reality.

I think BeIN just demanded to be out of the sports pack (onto regular digital tier)  and is asking for too much money

comcast is also at fault, but not totally at fault.

Comcast isn't the ONLY provider having issues with BeIN's price increase. Fios is not showing them as well

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/08/02/verizon-fios-removes-bein-sports-programming/

New Poster

Correct; Verizon is having trouble with Bein, too. Just pointed that out in an email to them. Bottom like is, these knuckleheads need to get their stuff together and figure this out!
New Poster

Looks like the final nail for me. 

Have been suffering with FS2, BBC World News, BeInSport, PAC Network(s)  in SD since the switchover. Zero local news in HD. Most not even available in my part of CT.

Now instead of upgrading these channels we're losing them? 

I know I can do better, much better. Now it's just a question of making the calls. Thanks for pushing me to finally make a move.

New Poster

Well I just cancelled my sports package.  What a joke you have this dispute right in the middle of Moto GP season....and after rates just went up.  Given all the taxes, surcharges, equipment rentals etc...I am now looking at other providers.  Your costs are too high and your looking all of your quality channels...

New Poster

Just I can say: bye bye comcast. People like me that loves La Liga (spanish soccer league) Who is the Best soccer league in the World, we're going to search a solution, and the way is; to change of operator. So, bye bye
New Poster

MotoGP fans: buy the MotoGP.com video pass. Excellent; live/on demand plus all sorts of content you won’t see anywhere else. Thanks Comcast/Bein. Because you knuckleheads can’t get it together; I found something better. A buddy of mine just told me his son uses Sling for TV. Hmmm. I’ll be saving lots of money. Should have done this a long time ago. Comcast— you are contributing to your own demise.
Regular Contributor

Not to mention they don't have HD premium channels either.....How can they talk about 4k when they still have SD Channels.... 

Contributor

Comcast does have sling tv through X1 box so there is a choice here to get Bein sports in HD. I may have to do just that to get sling tv through xfinity which I already have. But I hope comcast would bring back Bein sports in HD this time, we been waiting 6 years to have this channel in HD. I was hoping we would see this channel soon in HD but now bein channels are gone. I really wasn’t expecting that.
New Poster

By the way you sold me a soccer package including BeIN are you planning to reduce my bill ?

New Poster

BeIn can't be expecting a rate hike after losing two of their four leagues (Serie A and EFL) and losing Ronaldo from La Liga.  I'm bummed to lose the channel but I'd rather that money go to sorting out the BTN issue before college football starts.

New Poster

Well, I hope this can be resolved soon....The season is about to start! If you can't come to an agreement, maybe you can bring back GolTV, and give us FS2, here in the Harrisburg, PA area? I think it is ridiculous that we don't have FS2, with all of the other sports channels that are provided. Frustrated!
Frequent Visitor

I've been struggling to continue justifying Comcast's ridiculous overpricing and price increases for years.  So much money for only a couple of channels that I care about.  Bein was one of them.  Seriously, $200 a month to watch Premier League and La Liga, there are better ways.

Really, the point is about value for your buck.  Comcast has played the game to maximize channels.  $200 and 200 channels... that's value right?  Wake up, Comcast.  It's about what we pay for what we want to watch.  I got about 195 channels that I'm willing to trade you for Bein.

With the loss of setting recordings online and now the loss of Bein, I believe that I've finally reached the tipping point and it is time to drop Comcast.  There is less and less that I watch and I'm paying way more money.

New Poster

So ... is my bill going to go down because of this? or do I need to switch to At@t?
New Poster

As usual customers lose. Seriously xfinity, get your act together...

New Poster

What's going on ? <br>Comcast should fix this issue! Pay the fee but do not charge customers extra! Customers will leave slowly but surely! Last year Biensports had all the LaLiga games now we can't watch it! Bummer COMCAST WE AS CUSTOMERS ALREADY PAY TOP DOLLARS FOR YOUR SERVICES IT is NOT RIGHT IF YOU DONT PAY THEIR FEE!
Contributor

I don't know what to say. We hear both sides saying it is the other side that is the problem (Xfinity vs beIN Sports), All I know is that the loser ends up being me, the consumer, who was already paying extra to get beIN sports, and now I can't watch any of the three motorcycle racing championships that were only carried on beIN sports. If there is someone on this forum who knows of a way that I can get beIN Sports now that Xfinity / Comcast isn't carrying it please let me know.  I have been a Comcast customer for over 10 years and I would hate to drop them just because of this but if it comes down to watching motorcycle racing on another provider I just might have to check out my options. This is the worst news I have had from Comcast. I don't mind paying extra for something I enjoy so if there is something outside of using a normal provider please let me know.

New Poster

You can get MotoGP and WSBK through their Video Pass subscription services. Just go to each website and sign up. Excellent. I watched yesterday’s MotoGP race on my laptop. Excellent coverage. Live and on demand. Not sure about MotoAmerica— I won’t care about that series until Ducati is back in it.
New Poster

I agree no Bein Sports and I'm outa here!  I'm a fan of Moto GP and World Superbike.  Will pay the fee and watch them both on the internet.

New Poster

Xfinity Is Looking For More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Of course you pay Bein to broadcast their channel.  Do you think we are dumb.  As if you can not afford to pick up the increase they are asking for.  You are going to try and put it on Bein for another rate increase.  I'm not buying into it.  I do not blame Bein asking for an increase.  You have probably been screwing them like you do us!!!  Just give them the money and eat the loss.  I'm sure you will still be making a handsome pofit!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Is Looking For More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Please Comcast bring bein back!

New Poster

I ditto this statement.  agree with BeiN sports already.  sole reason for sports package is to see intrenational soccer games....

And in HD.  get the deal done now...

New Poster

This is B.S.   

Comcast makes huge profits.  I pay insane monthly bills.  Comcast needs to find a way to resolve their contract disputes without negatively affecting us.  If I get less programming, I should pay less.  Don't just point your finger at them.  We are not dumb.

New Poster

We are going to drop Comcast/Xfinity if you do not resolve this issue for the start of La Liga. Do your job!

New Poster

Bring back BEIN  Soccer and WTA

New Poster

Funny, everytime I call Xfinity to get updates on when they will bring Bein Sports back, the rep. keeps on reseting my TV, to see if I got the channel back. Clearly our complaints to Xfinity falls on deaf ears.  

New Poster

Xfinity don't care about Latino channels, they probably think that we still have 20 year old TV's.  

New Poster

I'm a loyalty customer since 2012, and the reason why I change to the Latino Packege is because bein sport channel, so when I try to chat with someone my cable box got re-start so I got tire and sended a complian email still no phone call so I guess since 08/01/2018 I will get a prorated cable bill or I have to switch with another provider?

New Poster

There is no positive reason at all. In a world of negotiation now the costumers needs to pay, sounds like comcast xfinity is a poor company and thats not real. One of the most important reasons why we have comcast was beinsports and they cancel the channel just saying Sorry. but the bill remains the same. Please we need answers and solid please. At least reduce the bill or we can find other cable company.

New Poster

Bein sports are the best soccer channel that comcast had you have to do sonthing please , know that Telemundo have the world cup you can't take off the best league
New Poster

Hi,

Are we getting a credit now that we lost the best sports channel we loved? How should we apply for the credit?

Thanks

New Poster

I really don’t give a deam about your disagreement with bein . I pay 230 per month because you don’t have a soccer package so I have to get two packeges so I can watch my soccer Chanels , again you are screwing me like you always have , is time to me to cut your cable, and tell you good by .

New Poster

I will definitely change my TV provider. I took Comcast in the first place because of BEin sports and LaLiga matches but no way I'm paying Comcast TV if they are not showing LaLiga games

Contributor

You are being disingenious, as usual.  Of course, Bein would want a substantially different deal than the previous one, since that one was a one-sided deal, in your favor, so that this new network would get a foothole in the lineup.  And after years of profiting, you pretend to be surprised that they would want a substantially better deal?  Thay have a good reason for it, as opposed to Comcast usually meritless increses to your customers.

Bein [Spanish] is one of my top ten watching channels period.  Why don't save money taking out some Latino Lineup useless channels NOBODY watches, I know them, and you know them, you have the data, and use that to pay Bein Spanish more?  What's so difficult?  

I NEED Bein.  It CANNOT be replaced "searching for soccer" like you pretend, that is a very ignorant and disrespectfull thing to say.  It's like you tell a Yankees fan, that you don't offer their games anymore, but "no problem" they can search for other baseball games.  That is how stupid your suggestion is.  Bein has soccer rights that no other network has.  I pay you for that channel, GET IT!

New Poster

The primary reason I subscribe to your sports package is to watch WTA/ATP tennis.  We are currently missing one of the best WTA tournaments of the year (in Canada).  Please refund/credit my account for this omission.