Community Forum

beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

New Poster

Re: beIN SPORTS update 8/1/18

Contributor

The Bloomberg reading is good. But, our present problem with Comcast not caring enough about their customers by wanting to offer them less product for the same price [like with Bein] is that although Comcast is dying, it will still take years before it becomes a purely internet/home-security company or whatever. In the mean time, the people working there will get to keep their well paid jobs by fleecing their remaining customers. They only care about themselves, not the company or their customers, and that means they only care about the short term.

That's why they have no problem lying that the previous deal with Bein was good. It was clearly an unfair deal done with a company that didn't have a slot in the lineup and wanted in, so they were there for the taking and Comcast, and other cable providers took advantage of them. Now, Bein insists on a more fair deal and Comcast is OUTRAGED.

That's the "logical" stance of a company whose executives only ask one question: What can we get away with in the short term? In the long term, it will be someone else's problem, if the company exists at all...

New Poster

Waiting for the powerful comcast organization to get an agreement with BEinSports very soon before the season starts next week. This is the main channel watched here and if not offered by Comcast, we may have to turn our whole service to other providers, all offering BEInsports in HD such as ATT, Hotwire and others. Also, to have it in HD is a must nowadays.

New Poster

What surprise me the most is the lack of answer by Xfinity. General statement is marketing not experience . Having someone who reach us to review our concern and help us to eliminate the anger is something you expect. Rather than having chat box , hire employees who create great experiences 

New Poster

Does the cancellation fee still apply if I want to cut the cord because of this?
I used to have internet only, and the only reason why I added the TV was that of BeIn sports. Now I need to go with directvnow, and I don't want your TV service anymore...

Expert

@jdabello wrote:

Does the cancellation fee still apply if I want to cut the cord because of this?
I used to have internet only, and the only reason why I added the TV was that of BeIn sports. Now I need to go with directvnow, and I don't want your TV service anymore...

If you're in a contract and you cancel early an early termination fee will apply.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Keep the internet and you will stay within your contract. As long as you have or keep some sort of service with Comcast within that 2-year contract you will not be penalized for changes to your contract.  At least that is what they told me when I accepted their promo.

I am oh so tired of Comcast.... Our day will come.

New Poster

Re: Now NO bein sports at all???

I am giving comcast 10 days to fix the problem, and with HD. Otherwise, i am switching to another provider.
New Poster

Not OK.
I’ve been a customer for 15 years and you’re about to loose me over this one. Let’s not even get into why you offer great deals to new customers and NOT to loyal ones like me, but now you take a top channel away and still give me nothing.
Get neIN SPORTS back or I’ll leave too!
Frequent Visitor

@Again wrote:

@jdabello wrote:

If you're in a contract and you cancel early an early termination fee will apply.

Not if Comcast has breached the contract by not providing the benefits (in this case, Bein Sports) you signed up for.

New Poster

Two things:

1. NoNonsense, you missed the point of my post of the Bloomberg article. I was pointing out how cable companies are contributing to their own demise. This Bein episode is an example of that.

2. Verizon and Bein have come to terms— Bein has been restored to Verizon Fios.
New Poster

Ridiculous! No more motoGP?

I’m gone with Comcast/xfinity and going back to directTV or just stream.
New Poster

Ridiculous! No more motoGP?

I’m done with Comcast/xfinity and going back to directTV or just stream.
New Poster

First, do they even care reading this post "Comcast/Xfinity"? Because I didn't see interaction from them, which is exactly what you see in their stores!!!

Second, I just signed up with them a month ago for TV, Mobile, and Internet. Could I cut TV and leave the Mobile + Internet?

Thanks to the community but not xfinity!

Frequent Visitor

Keep any one of their services and you are good..... Internet or TV?

Would assume the same with mobile only but check with Xfinity/Comcast first. I think to have their mobile phone services you need to combine that with their internet services.

New Poster

What a joke! No true HD and now no BEIN at all?

Of course our bills keep going up considerably and we keep losing content. This was after the huge tax windfall thanks to Dump.

I see Comcr*** is now the title sponsor of a lousy CRASHCAR racing series and I see brick and mortar stores popping up. Not to mention that they own the NBC network. How much is enough?

I expect a refund on my bill for not paying BEIN at all. While you're at it, please credit me for the Fox News propaganda network I never watch.

It looks like it's time to #CutTheCord
Frequent Visitor

One more upset customer without BEIN.

Verizon has come to agreement with them - and has it in HD.

Get this fixed!!!!

New Poster

Me too! I'm dropping Comcast over this. This is bs

Frequent Visitor

Here is a link to BEIN's site to hear their side of the story and let you know how to contact Comcast to request action.

https://www.keepbeinonxfinity.com/

Regular Visitor

Oh, come ON.

I have cable for one reason, and one reason only, La Liga. If BeIN doesn't get reinstated, I am dropping Comcast altogether. What is the point to pay $200 a month only to have a giant corporation complain that they don't have enough money. 

How much was Comcast willing to pay for Disney? How much are they willing to spend to give halfway decent TV service?  This is ridiculous. 

New Poster

I cannot believe this.. you guys are the most expensive TV provider and because Bein increased their cost you guys are not willing to pay this.... Xfinity is such a RIPOFF!! BETTER PAY BEIN BEFORE LA LIGA STARTS OR YOU WILL LOSE A WHOLE LOT OF CLIENTS AND YOU WILL SUFFER MORE THAN PAYING THIS LITTLE STUPID INCREASE. HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU INCREASE OUR BILL AFTER OUR FIRST YEAR OF CONTRACT????? YOU GUYS CAN DO THAT BUT IF BEIN DOES THIS NOOOOOOOOOOO HOW COULD THEY!!.... COMCAST ARE JUST THIEFS
Highlighted
New Poster

BEIN SPORTS / Refund

When we sign the contract bein sports was part of out channel lineup, are you planning to reimburse customers for not receiving that service?

Thanks

JCortes.

New Poster

No one even respneded back to us!

I'm cutting this tomorrow; paying 160 something and for what? BEIN seems will never be back!

Regular Contributor

Re: BEIN SPORTS / Refund

would you be willing to pay more if channels were added AFTER you signed your contract?

channels you didn't want?

New Poster

Bein sport

First no FS2 now Bein sport is gone. So disappointed with Comcast time to move on.
New Poster

Xfinity... the biggest cable company in the country continues to demonstrate that they dont care about their customers. You did not transmitted Bein Sports in HD ever and now are not willing to pay them for what they deserve knowing that millions of people watch this channel. Cant wait for my community to end contract with you and switch to another provider... someone who will also improve this poor infrastructure since you are not even willing to improve that. Shame on you. 

New Poster

Please bring beIN Sports back asap!!  It's one of our most watched channels over the past few years!  We watch a lot of soccer and it's the best (only) chance to watch La Liga that we have!  The loss of beIN does make it very tempting to look into other options for our television programming.

Frequent Visitor

Fios and beIN just got an agreement a few days ago.

New Poster

AMAZING that Verizon and beIN Sports can come to an agreement in a few days, but for SOME REASON Comcast can't.

Actually not amazing. Totally predictable from a company giving the shaft to their customers in every way they know how. Keeping us from getting FS2 for years for no good reason. No beIN Sports HD. No access to streaming apps. Removing channels without warning, or moving them to higher tiers. Typical Comcast greed and utter disdain for customer service.

New Poster

Comcast is willing to lose customers out of pure greed. Always wanting more money for less services provided. And Comcast tried to make it seem as if BEIN was not acting in good faith. I’m glad BEIN put you guys in check. Truly I’d rather not have to go to the process of canceling and finding a new provider, simply because of convenience- but not because you’re making yourself a better option. But La Liga and ligue 1 / BEIN sports are the primary reasons why I keep câble. TV providers are getting away with murder with the way they charge especially Comcast. Making us subscribe for literally THOUSANDS of channels that we don’t ever watch; When we truly only watch maybe 15-20 of them. And now because you want more money , and want to charge us more, we can have access to one of those channels.
Never mind the fact that you won’t provide BEIN in HD. Do you know how annoying it is, going to sports and seeing BEIN in HD from direct tv and others?!?
I pay you +$160 a month for what?!?? Hidden fees that can’t be explained?!?
Regular Visitor

I don't think this is about the cost of beIN SPORTS. This is about NBC owning Comcast and needing to protect NBC Sports.

If you can get SLING working, there is an Internation Sports stand-alone subscription. It contains beIN SPORTS. $10 per month or $80 annually.

SLING International Sports

New Poster

Well it is all I watch on TV. Now la liga is starting and Beinsports is not available , I guess we complained about the HD part and now they dropped it completely, I am thankful that att finally raised their internet speed in my area, I have less than 3 months in my contract with Comcast, so switching is my best option, I am not siding Beinsports, I just need to watch that channel, your loss Comcast.
Regular Visitor

I'll be expecting a refund soon now that bein is off my lineup. This is ridiculous get bein back in HD. This is 2018. Get rid of some of the 100'sof crappie channels that you carry. Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and we had to watch it in standard definition.,now nothing. Time for Satellite, enough of this monopoly
Frequent Visitor

Although over a year old.

Look at this list from 2017 what the going rate for Bein Sport is

http://www.whatyoupayforsports.com/numbers/

Unbelievable that we are fighting over a dime

New Poster

I am very dissapointed with the bad news that you've lost Bein Sports; of ALL the channels you offer, you have lost the one I like the most. Please make a best effort; I am willing to pay more if it comes to that being the fix. I follow BC Barcelona and now I cannot watch my favorite team.

Really bad news!

Frequent Visitor

I am moving to Dish. Enough is enough.

New Poster

I liked your comment. I pay for the Latino package just becasue BEin Sports. I called last week and they say they were unable to remove the Spanish package because it was part of my contract. Called back some days later and they asked me to wait until 08/13 and see if the renegociation with BEin was finished in a good term for custumers. It seems we won;t have that channel again.

Remove all the other Spanish trash  that probably ony 1% of the customers watch.

THe other part that I do not understand are commercial. Isn't BEin making money with the hundred of commercial that they play? I rememebr when TV cable started many years ago was that it would be TV without commercial. I understand thatBEin wants a bigger contract but request more from all those brands that they put commercials.

Regular Visitor

This is ridiculous. I hadn't had Comcast for TV for over 20 years because of their awful channel line up and the outrageous charges, I give them a chance and now this. Only lasted two months for me. Going back to Directv.

New Poster

made switch to Comcast; the day of installation was day 1 without BEIN. Cancelled service immediately. Verizon got it back; Sling has it; Fubo has it; why bother with a cable provider who is going to charge through the teeth and then not step up to provide?

done with comcast

Official Employee

All - 

To add - for our X1 customers, beIN SPORTS & beIN en Español can be viewed on X1 by subscribing to Sling’s World Sports package (currently 11 channels). That package is $10/month and is billed directly to your credit card.

Current offer is a 7 day free trial.

Find this by saying "Sling World Sports" into the Xfinity voice remote control... or on the X1 box, press the Xfinity button, go to Apps, then select Video, then select Sling. Then select World Sports from the drop down in the upper right and follow the on-screen instructions.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

So your solution to removing channels from your sports package and charging the same amount is to move people to a streaming package that costs more money on top of your existing sports pacakge. Great planning. 

New Poster

So this is the solution that you have. Send your customers to an app and pay a separate subscription. This is total GARBAGE, please get this dispute fixed. We pay a very high premimium to have Xfinity as our cable provider. Not happy at all!

New Poster

What I did not understand is if BeIn Sports which is very popular in the world and is asking for more money, there are channels in the packages that Xfinity offers which most people do not watch and should be taken off to allow for Bein sports additional fees.  Xfinity should have a matrics system that can determine which channels are really watched.  The only other thing that can be truly happening here is that NBC Universe is owned by Comcast and they do not want Bein Sport soccer leagues like  La Liga compoeting with their Premier league under NBC contract. This my friends is probably the booton line truth.

Official Employee

@Mrwhitt wrote:

So your solution to removing channels from your sports package and charging the same amount is to move people to a streaming package that costs more money on top of your existing sports pacakge. Great planning. 

Apologies. It is certainly "an" option for some customers while the current situation is being negotiated/discussed between the two parties.   It is an option that has been on X1 since April.  

We are hopeful that beIN will decide to negotiate in good faith, come to a fair agreement immediately on reasonable terms, and return its programming to our Xfinity TV customers.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@nelson4jc wrote:

What I did not understand is if BeIn Sports which is very popular in the world and is asking for more money, there are channels in the packages that Xfinity offers which most people do not watch and should be taken off to allow for Bein sports additional fees.  Xfinity should have a matrics system that can determine which channels are really watched.  The only other thing that can be truly happening here is that NBC Universe is owned by Comcast and they do not want Bein Sport soccer leagues like  La Liga compoeting with their Premier league under NBC contract. This my friends is probably the booton line truth.

We certainly do understand what channels are being watched in aggregate via our own systems and via Nielsen Media Research. 

We also have contractual commitments and channels that we are mandated to carry due to federal, state and local requirements, regardless of their viewership levels or popularity. 

The links below may be of interest.  The FCC does not appear to be in agreement with your theory. 

https://www.fcc.gov/document/bureau-dismisses-beins-carriage-complaint-against-comcast

http://awfulannouncing.com/soccer/fcc-dismisses-bein-claim-against-comcast-says-bein-didnt-prove-unf...

We are hopeful that beIN will decide to negotiate in good faith, come to a fair agreement immediately on reasonable terms, and return its programming to our Xfinity TV customers.

New Poster

Totally agreed, Comcast is sitting on mountains of money and they just don't care about their customers. Bein Sports is my favorite channel so bye bye Xfinity I'm switching to Direct TV
Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

Negotiate in good faith?  ALL other cable companies have reached an agreement with BEIN.  Except you.  Aren't YOU the problem?  Take your own advice and NEGOTIATE IN GOOD FAITH and GET THE DEAL DONE!

Frequent Visitor

I just agreed to move to Dish. They offer BeIN included in their 250 package. Adios Comcast. 

Regular Contributor

no nonsense,

comcast IS negotiating in good faith, it is BEIN that is demanding placement in a tier that would increase their fees by 8 times.

comcast is willing to re-up with the current conditions of placement in the sports tier

it takes 2 to tango and beIN is being obstinate

Frequent Visitor

Why would BeinSport play hard against bigest cable TV provider? There are no benefits for them. Actually they ask reasonable things, to be broadcasted in HD and to be moved to main package for better exposure. Is that unreasonable? No. What is unreasonable is for Comcast to be the only provider that would not broadcast them in HD for so long in 21st century. Comcast is greed driven company, I made huge mistake by switching a year ago after being DirecTV customer for over 15 years.