Community Forum

ZEE TV HD 3103 not showing in HD

Frequent Visitor

ZEE TV HD 3103 not showing in HD

Channel: 3103 ZEE TV HD
(https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/international/south-asian)

This channel used to show in 16:9 high definition but recently has reverted to a 4:3 SD broadcast with black borders.

The xfinity guide lists the channel as being HD. The watermark on the actual broadcast would normally say “ZEE TV HD” but now only says “ZEE TV”. You can clearly tell it’s standard definition. Even if some programs on the channel were being displayed in 4:3, the “ZEE TV HD” watermark would still show.

Odd thing is when I’m away from home and watch the TV GO version on my xfinity stream app it’s clearly showing in 16:9 HD with the “ZEE TV HD” watermark.

I’ve been on the phone with Comcast techs for weeks. They’ve tried system reboots and refreshes, back end changes and recently asked me to swap out my DVR which I did yesterday. No changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I’ve added screenshots from the xfinity stream app to show this. One screenshot is from channel 3103 which displays in bordered 4:3 SD with the “ZEE TV” watermark and the other screenshot is from the TV GO version of the channel which shows in 16:9 HD with the “ZEE TV HD” watermark.
18FF0B56-D4D3-43EB-AC07-6CC3268BB93D.jpeg
BD8F82CA-3297-43D1-AD49-0C45F8E90C43.jpeg
Official Employee

Re: ZEE TV HD 3103 not showing in HD

ashd84 - 

Thank you so much for reaching out, I would be more than happy to help out with ZEE TV. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to take a look at this further together? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Sent! Thanks!
Official Employee

Thank you, ashd84! Looking forward to hearing back from you there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!