Community Forum

YES Network in MA

Regular Visitor

YES Network in MA

I have constantly been asking this question for 2 years now and dont know why you do not offer the YES network as part of your sports package in MA.   Both Verizon and Directv offer this channel, so why not you.  I know you can get the yankee games on MLB network, but that is just the games and the minute the game is over it cuts off.  I want to be able to access that channel on a regular basis. 

You offer so many different channels but for some reason you do not include the YES network.  Do you know how many people in the MA area would pay an extra 9 or 10 a month if you added it as part of a sports package.  I am sure there would be plenty of add ons.  To me this is a no brainer and as part of your "Xfinity experience which is awesome" you should enhance the customer experience who want this channel and allow them to be able to purchase it. 

Hope to hear back with a different answer than the same one previous.  Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: YES Network in MA

Does Verizon or DirecTV in your area air the Yankees games when they are on YES? Unless you live in the designated Yankees area, they're supposed to be blacked out - which is probably why Xfinity doesn't include it in the first place.

Problem Solver

You live in Massachusetts. Therefore, YES is "out-of-market". You are only in-market for the Boston Red Sox.

Verizon and DirecTV carry a national feed of YES, which means that no Yankees or Nets games air on the channel. This serves little purpose to customers, so it is not carried. Comcast carries YES in the Yankees territory, which includes the state of New York, Connecticut, Northern New Jersey and Northeastern Pennsylvania. In this territory, Yankees games freely air on the channel.

Regular Visitor

Hi there,  not actually true.  I had directv for almost 8 years and live just north Of Boston.  Just about every Yankee game was on Directv and never blacked out in my area at all, unless it was a nationally televised game or they were playing the redsox, or if it was on My9 tv in NY.  So I got to watch over 95% off all yankee home and away games on YES by having Directv, and it only added 10.99 per month to my bill. 

Regular Visitor

Hi There, and that is actually not true either per my email reply below.  They are only blacked out if there were playing the Redsox.   I got the YES network full programming of just about every Yankee home and away game and also all the Yankee special programming like Yankeeography, etc. 

Comcast does not have a good explanation as to why they do not add the YES network to cable subscribors in MA, they only say it is costly to add this regional network station.  But again Directv offered it and I live just north of Boston and got almost every game to watch including pre and post game etc.  I loved it. 

Comcast needs to get with the competition and add this station.!!

Regular Contributor

@Rpoccio wrote:

Hi There, and that is actually not true either per my email reply below.  They are only blacked out if there were playing the Redsox.   I got the YES network full programming of just about every Yankee home and away game and also all the Yankee special programming like Yankeeography, etc. 

Comcast does not have a good explanation as to why they do not add the YES network to cable subscribors in MA, they only say it is costly to add this regional network station.  But again Directv offered it and I live just north of Boston and got almost every game to watch including pre and post game etc.  I loved it. 

Comcast needs to get with the competition and add this station.!!

Pardon me for asking a couple of questions:
1.  What is your ZIP Code? That way, we can determine in what "regional sports network" area you live.
2. Do you get My9 with Comcast the way you did with DirecTV?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Rpoccio, then you subscribed to Extra Innings with the Sports Pack with DirecTV. All YES Yankees game programming is blacked out in Massachusetts. On DirecTV, the Sports Pack channels are unlocked if you pay for the out-of-market package.