Community Forum

Xfinity vs. Streaming???

New Poster

Xfinity vs. Streaming???

Hello,

I'm considering dropping my $170/mo (average cost, sometimes higher) Xfinity internet, cable and HBO plan (no land line phone required) and switching to just Xfinity Blast Internet ($82.95/mo), Sling TV ($20/mo) and Netflix with HBO add-on ($9.99/mo + $15/mo).  This package should cost me approx. $128/mo.  This should save me $42/mo or $504/yr without sacrificing much in viewing.  Can anyone provide your thoughts on this idea (pros or cons)?

Thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity vs. Streaming???

Make sure your not in an area with data caps, if you are, then subscribe to the extra cost unlimited data plan if it's available to you.

You might want to put up an antenna to get the local network channels.

Many who cut the cord are back within a year, especially with a spouse and/or kids.  

Try and get a streaming device that willl connect with a ethernet cable, don't depend on wi-fi if you can.

Problem Solver

Hello HomeownerEric,

I have sent you a private message with an offer you might be interested in.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

We have been streaming with Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon for several years now.  Tried the antenna but no broadcast signal.  My wife misses live weather and local news.  Comcast keeps raising the rates for the Blast package.  The cost for new customers here is $30 and my cost for the Blast was going up to $75.  The sales person just talked me into a package that includes some TV for $69 but it does not seem to include the Weather Channel.  They assured me that xFinity Stream included everything the the TV box.  Still think I might go back to streaming only.

Official Employee

2 year old thread closed.