Community Forum

Xfinity series

New Poster

Xfinity series

How can Comcast sponsor a whole racing series and then have races on a channel you can't even watch they don't carry it scratching my head
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity series

For the second week we have missed a race because of this lack of Programming

Regular Visitor

@bharding12 wrote:
How can Comcast sponsor a whole racing series and then have races on a channel you can't even watch they don't carry it scratching my head

Comcast won't carry FS2, and Fox schedules NASCAR on FS2 to infuriate Comcast customers.  Comcast blames Fox and Fox blames Comcast.  They're engaged in a demonstration of yellow streaming, and the paying customers get wet in the process.

New Poster

I do get puzzeld as a fan that Comcast is the series sponsor for the Xfinity series but as a subscriber they don't have it in the lineup. I used to have FS2 on Comcast elsewhere but not in the Lake Wales, FL system. NBC Universal doesn't even compete during the season, they own the last half Fox owns the first half. This is the problem with television providers being content owners. They will tell you that they have contracts for groups of channels and it has to do with different markets. Seriously looking at the lineup here you can't tell me your subs want some of the channels you have on the lineup but not FS2, the is the south, NASCAR is somewhat popular.

Being in Cable TV for 32 years all MSOs are getting hit hard. Subs are leaving in droves and it hurts them bad. Cable providers know that streaming will increase and their TV subscribers will decrease. They will switch to a data provider and they do have an excellent system to do so. AT&T and others are putting in Fiber and are competeing, Cable has fiber but only to neighborhoods, not typically homes. So I'm not against cable having worked in it my whole career. So why knowing this is cable running itself into the ground everyone asks. I wish I knew, this packaging of channels is one VERY VERY BIG part of it. The streaming alternatives are selling $40 packages that are definitly going to put the TV nail in the coffin for Cable providers IF THEY DONT CHANGE THE PACKAGES FAST!!! Quite a few streaming services include FS2. Seriously Comcast just put FS2 in the lineup everywhere.

For NASCAR fans at least authenticating with my Xfinity credentials on Fox Sports GO, I have been able to stream FS2. I can watch FS2 when a race switches to it from Fox or FS1 at the end. I get the yellow banner saying my provider does not provide FS2 but I can stream FS2 until the end fo the race. It shuts down after the race ends, I've tried it several times to check, NASCAR or no NASCAR, only works with a channel switch on FOX during a race.

SO COMCAST is this everywhere, can other subs stream FS2 if the NASCAR race is put there from FOX or FS1 during a race? Did FOX just decide to override the FS2 authentication regardless of it being in the subs Comcast lineup? Sounds like technically the second senario is the answer, I wonder who made it happen? I'll bet there are a few people that would like to see the end of a NASCAR race.

Remember this is FOX Sports GO I'm streaming on my PC and authenticating with my Comcast account credentials. For people who aren't familiar with streaming FS2 you can only do it if you subscribe to a pay TV provider that includes FS2. You may have Comcast and not get FS2 and normally you CANT stream FS2. You can pay the same amount or less for Comcast and get FS2 in your cable lineup and you can always stream FS2.

Regular Visitor

Thank You for the info - I will try this next time!