members

topics

Xfinity Watchathon 2018

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Xfinity Watchathon 2018

Watchathon.JPG

Starting April 16, 2018 and continuing through April 22, 2018, the biggest week in television history is back! Xfinity customers can watch thousands of episodes from TV's top networks - including Netflix and premium networks, HBO, STARZ and Showtime - for FREE with XFINITY On Demand.

ON YOUR DESKTOP

TV subscribers:

• Bookmark Xfinity Stream on your computer to watch your favorite shows online, anytime here.

Internet only subscribers:

• Bookmark Xfinity Stream on your computer to watch your favorite shows online, anytime here.

ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE

Enjoy your Watchathon shows on the go. Just download the Xfinity Stream app.

ON YOUR TV

Find binge-worthy shows faster with the X1 Voice Remote; discover personalized recommendations and so much more. Don't have X1? Get it today

In addition to the premium networks and top cable networks like Bravo, TBS, TNT and Oxygen, the following subscription on demand services and cable networks (on demand only) will be available for FREE to all XFINITY TV customers during Watchathon Week: 

• Anime Network
  • Disney Channel
  • Disney Family Movies
  • Disney Story Central
  • Gaia
  • Gaiam TV Fit & Yoga
  • Grokker Yoga Fitness
  • Here TV
  • History Vault
  • Kidstream
  • Lifetime Movie Club
  • MTV
  • Stingray Karaoke
  • Streampix
  • Viceland

**NOTE**: Xfinity Roku Beta devices will not be included in this year's Watchathon. 

NETFLIX

In addition, select Netflix Originals will be available to X1 subscribers on their X1 TV box from April 16-22, 2018, for FREE. There will be no requirement to sign up for Netflix during or after Watchathon to enjoy this content on X1.

Netflix will be available during Watchathon for FREE to all X1 subscribers who also have Internet. Participants are limited to 4 simultaneous streams per household.

**NOTE**: Netflix is not available on the RNG 150 box. These customers can swap their RNG 150 for a new box through their TV box.

The following series or movies are available from Netflix during Watchathon:

• 13 Reasons Why
  • A Christmas Prince
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • Alexa 7 Katie
  • Ali Wong: Baby Cobra
  • Alias Grace
  • Altered Carbon
  • Beasts of No Nation
  • Bright
  • Chef’s Table
  • Fuller House
  • Glow; Godless
  • Grace and Frankie
  • Icarus
  • Lost in Space
  • Making a Murderer
  • Mindhunter;
  • Mudbound;
  • My Next Guest Needs No Introduction
  • Narcos
  • Orange is the New Black
  • Ozark
  • Santa Clarita Diet
  • Seeing Allred
  • Stranger Things
  • Super Monsters
  • The Crown
  • The End of the F…ing World
  • The Magic School Bus Rides Again
  • Trollhunters
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

INTENET ONLY CUSTOMERS

Our Internet only customer will also get unprecedented access to content during Watchathon. All you need is to log onto the XFINITY Stream website or download the app. Sign in with your XFINITY HSD credentials. The special collection of content for Watchathon will be in the featured tiles upon logging in. You can view a complete list of the titles here: https://tv.xfinity.com/?utm_source=watchathonhsd&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=networkungate

**NOTE**: Much of this content is only available during Watchathon through 4/22. A video subscription will be needed afterwards to continue enjoying a large portion of this content.

Customers can learn more about XFINITY Watchathon Week including how to continue watching their favorite shows at http://watchathon.xfinity.com/.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Watchathon Week?

When is watchathon week for 2018? I almost missed it last year.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Watchathon Week?

I wonder if there will be one at all. Last year's was announced late and had virtually no advertising it was happening. Plus, the offerings were rather slim. With networks moving more and more to their own apps and subscription services, I think Watchathon is more or less dead.

Gold Problem Solver

RadTV wrote: When is watchathon week for 2018? I almost missed it last year.

In recent years, it ran in late March or early April. Curiously, they seem to wait until the last minute to announce it.

Plus, what Andy said.

New Poster

I have the same question and went searching all over the Xfinity site.  (Seems like, from a service perspective, they'd want to give us that info, no?)

Hopefully they'd at least email their customers, to let them know it was happening..?

Valued Contributor

@andyross wrote:

I wonder if there will be one at all. Last year's was announced late and had virtually no advertising it was happening. Plus, the offerings were rather slim. With networks moving more and more to their own apps and subscription services, I think Watchathon is more or less dead.

Thank you. I was wondering because Watchathon week gives me an apportunity to see if netflix is worth it or not.

Valued Contributor

@BruceW wrote:

RadTV wrote: When is watchathon week for 2018? I almost missed it last year.

In recent years, it ran in late March or early April. Curiously, they seem to wait until the last minute to announce it.

Plus, what Andy said.

I'm just wondering about netflix because they put their content in the free section.

New Poster

Starts April 16
New Poster

Beginning March 31st is what I found.  No year was shown, so it could be this year or a past year.  Another site shows April 16.  

Does anyone know if the shows can be recorded or are they only on demand or live?

Gold Problem Solver

@vintner wrote: Beginning March 31st ... Another site shows April 16.  ...

Please post the source of your info. If it's a web page, please post the page address.

... Does anyone know if the shows can be recorded or are they only on demand or live?

Previous Watchathons have been On Demand only, so not recordable.

New Poster

https://corporate.comcast.com/media-center/watchathon

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Watchathon?src=hash&lang=en

I don't know where she got her info, I thought I saw it somewhere else, but can't find it now.

I am betting on March 31.  That is when I leave for vacation, so that is when I won't be able to see any of the shows.

Silver Problem Solver

That link dates to 2014:

New Poster

So...when is it?

Gold Problem Solver

Check out https://watchathon.xfinity.com/:

... Xfinity Watchathon Week. From April 16-22, Xfinity customers can enjoy access to the top shows from HBO®, STARZ®, NBC and more — for free with Xfinity On Demand! Watch on your TV, online or with the Xfinity Stream app. ...
... Watchathon available to Xfinity residential TV and Internet customers from 4/16/18 to 4/22/18. Restrictions apply. Requires access to On Demand programming and/or Xfinity Internet. ...

Oddly, Google search https://www.google.com/search?q=Xfinity+Watchathon+Week+2018 does not find "watchathon.xfinity.com". Instead, even more odd, it finds "www.spaceracers.org/contest", which redirects to watchathon.xfinity.com.

???

ETA: Google search now finds "watchathon.xfinity.com", but unfortunately, the search results displayed show the dates as April 3-9, which are from 2017.

New Poster

AlwaysBreezy18 posted the date in this thread a few days ago.  

Watchathon week starts 4-16-18.  They are showing the date at  "ON DEMAND" once every 15 minutes or so.

New Poster

Thanks so much for the detailed info!  Put on my calendar.. definitely want to check out some new things.

New Poster

Internet-only customer: What am I entitled to stream?

I recently stopped my Xfinity TV service and went internet-only (Performance level). I still have the Xfinity Stream app on my tablet device as well as a Roku stick I'm now using.

I'm receiving email from Comcast inviting me to stream this or that, as well as participate in the upcoming Watchathon in April.

Am I still entitled to some level of streaming with the app, even though I'm no longer a TV customer? 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Internet-only customer: What am I entitled to stream?

@bucksitterwrote:

I recently stopped my Xfinity TV service and went internet-only (Performance level). I still have the Xfinity Stream app on my tablet device as well as a Roku stick I'm now using.

I'm receiving email from Comcast inviting me to stream this or that, as well as participate in the upcoming Watchathon in April.

Am I still entitled to some level of streaming with the app, even though I'm no longer a TV customer? 

Only whatever happens to be free for all

New Poster

Watchathon

Does Watchathon include movies or just tv series?

New Poster

Watch A Thon

Next week, can WatchAthon be accessed on our TV and Mobil or only on the internet?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Watch A Thon

Watchathon is via OnDemand, so it will be usable on most full-feature cable boxes and most any device that supports OnDemand.

New Poster

Watchathon doesn't work!

I'm confused about watchathon... I already have hbo, showtime, etc. I really just wanted to watch taboo as I missed the last few episodes when it was actually, amazingly available for free.. Disapointingly watchathon does not work. I do to on demand, then watchathon, then taboo and.... NOPE. It says I need a subscription to watch!!!! What is the point?! I already pay a ton for my cable and I am really annoyed that I can't watch the 1 thing, which you have listed as "watchathon". Lol. Ugh. I also tried to access it from regular on demand and by searching. Nada. Thanks Xfinity.
Contributor

Re: Watchathon

We're not getting any wathathon stations. They all ask us to subscribe. Am getting on demand, but no stations.

New Poster

What hour PST does Watchathon start?

Watchathon is to start on the 16th, but at what hour PST ?

New Poster

Watchathon not available

What’s going on with watchathon week? I woke up early to start watching TWD and it’s telling me I need to pay $4.99. I’m so very disappointed. Of course I shouldn’t be surprised at Xfinity.

When will watchathon actually start?
New Poster

Watchathon not working

‪@XFINITY when will watchathon actually start? Everything is asking me to subscribe. What’s the point of a watchathon week if I have to pay to watch? I’m trying to watch TWD and it’s asking me to pay $4.99!!!!!‬
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Watchathon 2018

‪@XFINITY when will watchathon actually start? Everything is asking me to subscribe. What’s the point of a watchathon week if I have to pay to watch? I’m trying to watch TWD and it’s asking me to pay $4.99!!!!!‬
Regular Contributor

Are the movies on Netflix part of the Watchathon? Only Netflix I see on the Watchathon are their original series.

Service Expert

Re: Watchathon not working

What Xfinity services are you paying for?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

netlix not available on Watchathon

I subscribe to X1 and internet at Comcast yet I am not able to access Netflix to stream The Crown series during this week's Watchathon.   Netflix was advertised as one of the Premium channels that would be available during this event.

Regular Contributor

Re: Watchathon doesn't work!

@Nicolette1920 wrote:
I'm confused about watchathon... I already have hbo, showtime, etc. I really just wanted to watch taboo as I missed the last few episodes when it was actually, amazingly available for free.. Disapointingly watchathon does not work. I do to on demand, then watchathon, then taboo and.... NOPE. It says I need a subscription to watch!!!! What is the point?! I already pay a ton for my cable and I am really annoyed that I can't watch the 1 thing, which you have listed as "watchathon". Lol. Ugh. I also tried to access it from regular on demand and by searching. Nada. Thanks Xfinity.

I was hoping to watch some comedy specials on Showtime -- nope.  The only Showtime on Watchathon is eight series titles.  No movies, no specials.  What a ripoff.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Watchathon doesn't work!

@Nicolette1920 wrote:

I would recommend retrying at this time, since it is showing that Taboo should be available. Given the time you posted there is a chance that it hadn't gone fully live at that time. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: netlix not available on Watchathon

@myclicker wrote:

I subscribe to X1 and internet at Comcast yet I am not able to access Netflix to stream The Crown series during this week's Watchathon.   Netflix was advertised as one of the Premium channels that would be available during this event.

It is only select Netflix programming that is available, only following series or movies are available from Netflix during Watchathon:

• 13 Reasons Why
  • A Christmas Prince
  • Alexa 7 Katie
  • Alias Grace
  • Altered Carbon
  • Beasts of No Nation
  • Bright
  • Chef’s Table
  • Fuller House
  • Glow; Godless
  • Grace and Frankie
  • Icarus
  • Lost in Space
  • Making a Murderer
  • Mindhunter;
  • Mudbound;
  • Narcos
  • Ozark
  • Santa Clarita Diet
  • Seeing Allred
  • Stranger Things
  • Super Monsters
  • The Crown
  • Trollhunters

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: What hour PST does Watchathon start?

@ev43 wrote:

Watchathon is to start on the 16th, but at what hour PST ?

Usually it starts at 12:00 AM local time, at this time it should be available. You can find more details regarding it here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/What-hour-PST-does-Watchathon-start/m-p/30794...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Watchathon-Showtime

Aren't Showtime movies available during Watchathon? Only a few series are available to watch on Showtimes....all the movies you have to subscribe to watch them. No free movies on Showtime.
Administrator
Administrator

@reggie77 wrote:

Are the movies on Netflix part of the Watchathon? Only Netflix I see on the Watchathon are their original series.

Only select programing is available from Netflix. Here are more details regarding it. 

@ComcastJessie wrote:

NETFLIX

In addition, select Netflix Originals will be available to X1 subscribers on their X1 TV box from April 16-22, 2018, for FREE. There will be no requirement to sign up for Netflix during or after Watchathon to enjoy this content on X1.

Netflix will be available during Watchathon for FREE to all X1 subscribers who also have Internet. Participants are limited to 4 simultaneous streams per household.

**NOTE**: Netflix is not available on the RNG 150 box. These customers can swap their RNG 150 for a new box through their TV box.

The following series or movies are available from Netflix during Watchathon:

• 13 Reasons Why
  • A Christmas Prince
  • Alexa 7 Katie
  • Alias Grace
  • Altered Carbon
  • Beasts of No Nation
  • Bright
  • Chef’s Table
  • Fuller House
  • Glow; Godless
  • Grace and Frankie
  • Icarus
  • Lost in Space
  • Making a Murderer
  • Mindhunter;
  • Mudbound;
  • Narcos
  • Ozark
  • Santa Clarita Diet
  • Seeing Allred
  • Stranger Things
  • Super Monsters
  • The Crown
  • Trollhunters

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Watchathon not working

@TWDWATCHER wrote:

Watchathon is mainly for Video On Demand content and only season 8 for TWD is going to be available this year. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

We're only getting On Demand right now and not the actual networks. Not just talking HBO, Showtime, Etc. but all.

Under the Watchathon listing it says "Full Network Available April 16-22". That's not the case. I also posted this in another thread and received no reply.

New Poster

Typical Xfinity. The watchathon doesn't work. Spent 45 minutes on the phone to a rep who kept saying "you should have it" best he could do is say unplug your box and try again later. Typical. We've only been cutomers 8 months and there is a problem every month. Guess we should be happy we have TV at all

New Poster

During 2018 Watchathon, my tv says HBO requires subscription...

I've not had this occur before. Other channels work fine, although I'm unable to DVR any selections for future viewing.

New Poster

I'm seeing the same thing. Subscribe to all channels is the only option. What's going on?

Frequent Visitor

I was expecting to be able to access "On Demand Netflix" shows, no such luck.  It seems every time I want to watch something that is "On Demand" it is either FreeHD thru Netflix (which I refuse to subscribe to as my cable bill is almost $250 a month now and I am retired, or for sale thru some other option. When I heard that we would be able to view Netflix during Watchathon I thought I would be able to watch the shows that Netflix On Demand charges for but no such luck.  It seems like more and more of the regular broadcasting shows that become available On Demand are only On Demand thru Netflix or CBS films or whatever.  Pretty soon we aren't going to be able to watch anything On Demand without paying someone, what gives?

New Poster

Re: netlix not available on Watchathon

@comcastFrancisc, the link you provided does include The Crown in the list under specific Netflix programs available during Watchathon.  Is this inaccurate, or is there another way to access .  I try On Demand, and it is not there.

New Poster

Any idea why Fear The Walking Dead is listed in the Watchathon list on my cable box, but all the episodes cost money to watch?

Valued Contributor

Netflix search?

I've been using the netflix app during watchathon week and I can't seem to find the search function within the app so does anyone know if the the search function is disabled during watchathon week? Am I missing something? I tried using the system to search but when you select "Play on netflix", it does not go to the chosen title, could that be a bug or is that function disabled too?

New Poster

Re: Internet-only customer: What am I entitled to stream?

I am INTERNET ONLY subscriber also - and the app has not worked for me on my TV via ROKU - athough the promo states such - but it appears that the app is only usable via mobile devices, not on TV via ROKU device.

disappointing.  [FYI: I did the CAPS, for attention-getting purposes]

“Additionally, Comcast will open up a robust subset of programming to its INTERNET-ONLY CUSTOMERS VIA THE XFINITY STREAM APP and portal so they too can experience a piece of what Xfinity TV customers have been enjoying for six years.”

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/xfinity-watchathon-week-returns-april-16-22-with-more-f...

“BINGE-WATCH ANYWHERE ON THE XFINITY STREAM APP…..Watchathon available to Xfinity residential TV and INTERNET CUSTOMERS from 4/16/18 to 4/22/18. Restrictions apply. Requires access to On Demand programming and/or XFINITY INTERNET. “

https://www.xfinity.com/get-stream

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Using a Tivo and cable card, I get no extra channels, just the ones I normally subscribe to. I can watch the on demand content via my iPhone, but nothing on my Tivo.

I tried rebooting my Tivo, no such luck.

Administrator
Administrator

Any idea why Fear The Walking Dead is listed in the Watchathon list on my cable box, but all the episodes cost money to watch?

Not all of the seasons are available, as far as I know I believe is from season 4 on. 

I am INTERNET ONLY subscriber also - and the app has not worked for me on my TV via ROKU - athough the promo states such - but it appears that the app is only usable via mobile devices, not on TV via ROKU device.

disappointing.  [FYI: I did the CAPS, for attention-getting purposes]

“Additionally, Comcast will open up a robust subset of programming to its INTERNET-ONLY CUSTOMERS VIA THE XFINITY STREAM APP and portal so they too can experience a piece of what Xfinity TV customers have been enjoying for six years.”

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/xfinity-watchathon-week-returns-april-16-22-with-more-f...

“BINGE-WATCH ANYWHERE ON THE XFINITY STREAM APP…..Watchathon available to Xfinity residential TV and INTERNET CUSTOMERS from 4/16/18 to 4/22/18. Restrictions apply. Requires access to On Demand programming and/or XFINITY INTERNET. “

https://www.xfinity.com/get-stream

Unfortunately, Roku is not included for this year's Watchathon, you have to be using the stream app on the Apple app Store, Google Play or Amazon app store. Can you point me were it says that it should be available in Roku? You should still be able to get content by logging into the site or using the other apps. 

I'm having the same problem. Using a Tivo and cable card, I get no extra channels, just the ones I normally subscribe to. I can watch the on demand content via my iPhone, but nothing on my Tivo.

I tried rebooting my Tivo, no such luck.

Watchathon is a Video On Demand promotion, you will not get any extra channels. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Recording in free preview

Can I record in the watchacom free preview ?

Administrator
Administrator

Re: During 2018 Watchathon, my tv says HBO requires subscription...

@FickleKitty,

HBO content is only available via On Demand for Watchathon 2018.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats