Community Forum

Xfinity Movie Week 2019

Administrator

Xfinity Movie Week 2019

Movie Week.jpg

Looking to catch up on some hit movies you may have missed? Xfinity Movie Week is happening from January 18th to the 24th, which means you can enjoy movies like A Quiet PlaceOverboard (available 1/19), The Commuter, Arrival, Fences, and Star Trek for free.

What is Movie Week?

Movie Week means Xfinity customers have access to many popular films for free, all week long, and includes free access to the on demand libraries of premium subscription on demand services EPIX®, Lifetime Movie Club, HISTORY Vault and Hallmark Movies Now, which are now available  on X1. Catch up on movies these networks have to offer, and impress your friends and co-workers with your newfound film knowledge.

Here is what is available during Xfinity Movie Week:

• EPIX®’s On Demand library of over 2,000 feature films, such as A Quiet Place and Overboard, as well as family favorites such as Sherlock Gnomes.
  • Lifetime movie favorites such as Overexposed and The Wrong Neighbor, commercial-free, including a new movie every day on Lifetime Movie Club.
  • Historical and educational content from HISTORY Vault, which offers documentaries such as Rise Up: The Movement that Changed America, and "What the Hell is the Presidency For?" LBJ's Battle for Civil Rights.
  • A broad array of Hallmark original content, including beloved original movies appropriate for viewers of all ages such as The Good Witch and Signed, Sealed, Delivered: From Paris With Love, through Hallmark Movies Now.
  • Classics from Turner Classic Movies, like Death of a Salesman (1/20-1/26) and many more!

**Note**: Hallmark Movies Now is available only on X1.

Where to watch

Xfinity customers can tune in to Movie Week via Xfinity On Demand, or across devices via the Xfinity Stream app and web portal. Additionally, Xfinity customers without a TV subscription can use the Xfinity Stream app and web portal to view some great Movie Week content anywhere, anytime, on any device.

Ready to watch? Simply say “Show me Movie Week” into your X1 Voice Remote, or check out the Xfinity Stream App or web portal to get started.

Frequently Asked Questions

I don't have an Xfinity TV subscription but am an Xfinity Internet (or Xfinity Home, Xfinity Voice) subscriber. Am I able to watch any content during the Xfinity On Demand Movie Week?

Yes. You will be able to watch content from EPIX On Demand, Lifetime Movie Club On Demand, HISTORY Vault On Demand, Freeform On Demand and  Turner Classic Movies On Demand on Xfinity Stream (in and out of home). All you need is your Xfinity username and password and access to Xfinity Stream via the app or online portal.

Am I able to watch any live content from these networks during the Xfinity On Demand Movie Week?

On Xfinity TV platforms, Movie Week only includes free access to on demand content from the participating networks.  However, Xfinity customers can access EPIX’s live content using their Xfinity username and password at Epix.com.  

Can the content be viewed out of home?

Yes. EPIX On Demand, Lifetime Movie Club On Demand and History Vault On Demand along with a selection of films from Turner Classic Movies On Demand and Freeform On Demand can be accessed via the Xfinity Stream app and portal from both inside and outside the home.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Xfinity Movie Week

I assume those of us with only linear cable service and one of the standard cable-boxes (HD or SD) will not have access to these specials. At least by using our televisions at home.

Is this true?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Evidently Free Movie week won't work for people who can't afford HDTV. I can afford only SD, so people who can't afford the extra HD TV are not privy to Free Movies week.  It would be nice if, up front, Xfinity tells us that. 

Regular Contributor

Free movies 1/18/19 Epix, History Vault, Lifetime

How come almost all of the free movies listed for Epix are in HD?  Not everyone has HD.

Expert

I did check a few hours ago.

Nothing shows up under On Demand (linear cable), so the special is only for Xfinity users with a X1 cable-box, etc.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

As the Free Movie Week is ONLY for HD customer, do your customers a favor, please say so.
I have tried the On Demand from the box and also downloaded the xfinity Streaming app on my SmartTV, the Free movies are not available!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Free Movies 1/18/19

Yeah right,

Epix has  HD movies listed, so unless you have HD you cannot watch, including Quiet Place.  Cannot even find TCM

Contributor

Re: Free movies 1/18/19 Epix, History Vault, Lifetime

Hge issue- same thing been going onw tcm on demand both sd and hd coming in hd format!