Community Forum

Xfinity Flex

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Flex

What's it all about? How does it hook up - same as a cable box or what? Does it support local channels? If you get Xfinity Instant TV does it hook up through flex or would doing so be redundant?

Just wondering. I'm seriously thinking of cutting the cord, keeping internet (obviously), getting a Roku stick and getting Xfinity Instant TV for $18 a month.  But now there are these Flex boxes. 

Please unconfuse me. 

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Flex

Hi there, chucknyren. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me. You have reached the right person to help you. You basically stream all your content. There is no live TV or local channels. I believe you can only have one or the other with the Flex and Instant TV. Does that unconfuse you a bit?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for answering, Martin.

Flex won't support Xfinity Instant TV.  So what you're saying is if I want to cut the cord - then get Instant TV - my best bet would be a Roku device because it will support Xfinity Instant TV. 

Seems counter-intuitive and bad business for Comcast. Flex, theoretically, wants to compete with Roku, yet Flex doesn't support an Xfinity app, and Roku does.

Am I missing something? 

Official Employee

It still comes with On Demand, which includes TV shows and Movies, just not live television. The Xi6, the box that comes with this, is wireless. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Flex Self Install!

since the flex comes with a self install XI6 does that mean that Regluar Self install kits for XI6 are comming as i am looking to get one for my tv?

Official Employee

Yup! You are correct. All of our equipment becomes SIK ready sooner or later. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

But XI6 Self Install Not available today??

Official Employee

Hi, dkinley1. Did you have a question? 

Regular Contributor

I was trying to ask if ask Xi6 was available to order today as an SDK self instal which I am assuming is still no? Chat Support told me yes?
Official Employee

dkinley1, I'd be happy to check if they're available in your area! Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name so I can access your account? Thank you.

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”