Community Forum

Xfinity Content

New Poster

Xfinity Content

Xfinity is controlling the content in my services to inundate my viewing time with their specific marketing. I believe I am paying for content I wish to see. What I am getting is over 3.5 hours of Xfinity marketing with their airing of certain commercials that are an attempt to recruit customers. I am a customer and my viewing hours are being reduced by this practice. They deliver from central servers and actually control the delivery to our in house boxes... I am going to challenge their operations for reduced costs. I pay for services to be delivered not their air time to market themselves.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Content

Hello, are you referring to Comcast commercials? Anyone can advertise for promotion for their business. 

New Poster

Comcast is using up my paid service time to market to me, on my dime! I'm looking for credit for the hours of my service you use that present no value to me.

Expert

@Buddha181 wrote:

Comcast is using up my paid service time to market to me, on my dime! I'm looking for credit for the hours of my service you use that present no value to me.

The commercials aren't targeted specifically to you but to everyone watching that channel at that time.  There is no way to compensate anyone that already has service, no way to remove the commercials; commercial free cable service no longer exists.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

I have a dvr now and watch certain channels you know which commercial always pops up? the annoying xfinity Xfi commercial with the family and annoying song.

GOOD LORD