Community Forum

Wrong programming

Regular Visitor

Wrong programming

Hello,
I'm located in Plantation FL and have been recording/trying to watch NBA Orlando Magic games on channel 401(fsnhd) on x1 box. According to the TV and online guide that is the appropriate scheduled programming.
Unfortunately I end up recording/watching drag racing.

What is the reason for this? How can this be fixed?

Thanks
Expert

Re: Wrong programming

Ilyatsunaev wrote:
Hello,
I'm located in Plantation FL and have been recording/trying to watch NBA Orlando Magic games on channel 401(fsnhd) on x1 box. According to the TV and online guide that is the appropriate scheduled programming.
Unfortunately I end up recording/watching drag racing.

What is the reason for this? How can this be fixed?

Thanks

Does the clock on the DVR display the correct time (for example if it is 7pm does it show something else like 8:00) ? If you have enabled the cloud DVR does the cloud copy have the correct recording?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

I've noticed the same thing here in Ft. Pierce FL but with 402 (SunHD). The guide shows Tampa Bay Lightning Games but its actually a triatholon. Yes the box (x1dvr) shows the correct time and both 401 and 402 do not show up on the app for cloud in home streaming.

Regular Visitor

Yes, the time is correct. I'm almost certain it will happen again in 10 minutes for another Orlando Magic game. I've actually seen other people complain about this problem on Facebook. Basically fsn is misadvertizing their programming.

The time is correct and no, when I try to watch the recorded game(which was labeled "Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons") it was actually drag racing.

I'm glad someone else has chimed in, I'm sure I'm far from the only one who's seeing this.
Expert

Ilyatsunaev wrote:
Yes, the time is correct. I'm almost certain it will happen again in 10 minutes for another Orlando Magic game. I've actually seen other people complain about this problem on Facebook. Basically fsn is misadvertizing their programming.

The time is correct and no, when I try to watch the recorded game(which was labeled "Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons") it was actually drag racing.

I'm glad someone else has chimed in, I'm sure I'm far from the only one who's seeing this.

ok, I see your time on the DVR display was right. did you look at the recording in the cloud DVR to see if it recorded the correct show?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Frequent Visitor

I'm not OP but what I can tell you is this is not a hardware issue. The correct channel was recorded its just that the guide shows something different than what is actually playing on the channel. It doesnt happen all the time though. As of 6:00pm EST 401(FSNHD) is showing the correct programming for me but 402(SUNHD) is not. It says "Inside the Lightning" is supposed to be currently on but its the pregame show for the Miami Heat vs San Antonio Spurs game.

Also you can't stream either channel on the foxsportsgo app because Comcast doesnt have the streaming rights to Fox Regional Sports Network

Regular Visitor

Cloud DVR, DVR they record the channel at the right time right "show/program" name. But the actual content does not match the name.

The problem is very simple: wrong thing is either advertised in the guide, or the wrong thing is being showed. There is a disconnect between the guide(online, on the box) information and what is actually being transmitted on the channel.

Regards,
Frequent Visitor

Over a year later and this is still an issue for me at least, anyone else?

Expert

closed year old thread