Community Forum

Wrong Show being Recorded

New Poster

Wrong Show being Recorded

I confirmed recording for a network series I have followed for a long time, but another show appears even though under Recordings-Saved the name of the show is labeled as the one that should have been recorded.

Regular Contributor

Re: Wrong Show being Recorded

If the recording says the namee of the program you wanted to record, then the most likely cause is, the channel made a change and didn't inform the service providing the guide to Xfinity.

What show did you try to record, what channel, what date/time, and what show ended up being recorded?

Official Employee

Hi there, tentroof. You reached the right place for help. Are you still experiencing the issue with the recordings still? I want to make sure it is fixed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi I tried to record, Bar rescue, Men in black played. Jeapardy, MASH played. Both shows on different networks.

Official Employee

Hello @Kevidan, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We can further look into this recording concern you are experiencing as well. Can you please confirm the networks this happened on and the date/time that this occurred? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello all, we did not hear back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to reach back out to us if you still need assistance with this or for any future issues or concerns. We're here to help! Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

New Poster

This is happening to me too.  Is there a solution?

@ComcastMartin wrote:

Hi there, tentroof. You reached the right place for help. Are you still experiencing the issue with the recordings still? I want to make sure it is fixed. 

This happened to me too.  Is there a solution

Regular Contributor

@cpplinford wrote:

This is happening to me too.  Is there a solution?

What channel did you try to record?

What show did you want to record, and what ended up being recorded?

I am trying to see if what is happening is (a) the listings are for the wrong channel, or (b) they are for the right channel but the wrong time zone.