Community Forum

Women’s Sports Not Listed in the Sports - pressing C on remote

New Poster

Women’s Sports Not Listed in the Sports - pressing C on remote

Why aren’t women’s sports listed in the sports app when C is pressed on the remote? For instance, the PGA is listed under Golf and there is a LPGA tournament going on at the same time that’s not listed. Can’t even pick LPGA as a Favorite for it to show up under favorites.

New Poster

Re: Women’s Sports Not Listed in the Sports - pressing C on remote

I wonder too. It’s sexist and It may be time to drop that app or change providers altogether.
Regular Contributor

@mayo74 wrote:
I wonder too. It’s sexist and It may be time to drop that app or change providers altogether.

or it may be a bandwidth issue and they took the most popular sports based on TV viewership (just a WAG here)

New Poster

Or, maybe women’s sports get fewer viewers because of sexist policies that make it easier just to watch men’s sports? The direction of the causal connection is not so clear as you seem to think.
Official Employee

Thank you for your feedback. We're always adding new sports, leagues and functionality to the Sports App, and will continue to assess additional areas moving forward. We have only recently added the PGA Tour, and dont currently have support for the majors, European Tour or LPGA so we are looking at opportunities to improve across the board. You can see upcoming LPGA events by saying "Golf" into your voice remote, or by hitting 'Guide' twice, selecting sports, and then selecting Golf.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@Sskene wrote:
Or, maybe women’s sports get fewer viewers because of sexist policies that make it easier just to watch men’s sports? The direction of the causal connection is not so clear as you seem to think.

It is also equally plausible to surmise that they aren't as popular because they just aren't as entertaining to as many people in a very crowded sports calendar;  I'm am happy that you have such passion for women's sports, I enjoy them too, just not as much as the equivalent men's sports. That does NOT make me a sexist or bigot or anything else of that nature

To each their own....and enjoy what you enjoy.

New Poster

Women's Basketball biggest tournament is also March Madness.  You'd think that this huge event would be advertised.  Maybe if you put so of the women's huge events on the "C" then other people would come across it and decide to watch it. 

By you not putting any women under the "C" you are making yourselves look like chauvinist pigs.