Community Forum

Will Comcast drop TCM

Regular Contributor

Will Comcast drop TCM

Will Comcast drop TCM (Turner Classic Movies), a TIME WARNER COMPANY * due to AT&T Time Warner approved merger?  Thus,

A T & T's Direct TV the only  alternative to Comcast!

* Banner at bottom of TCM website

TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES, INC. A TIME WARNER COMPANY

Stephen L

Regular Contributor

Re: Will Comcast drop TCM

AND DIRECT TV WILL BE DROPPING SD in 2019.  

See:

http://qctv.com/2017/07/end-sd-directv/

In 2019 DIRECTV will be stopping the use of all SD services, and the date is almost right around the corner. During this gap it is important to weigh the options and start considering making the new changes.

I still have a CRT SD TV I'd have to junk.  And, my HD TV has numerous Comcast channels in SD.  With Comcast, TCM has both SD and HD versions of same movies. 

I 'm sure  the Judge, who approved merger, could care less.

S Lannes

Silver Problem Solver

Just because they drop SD channels doesn't mean you can't use SD TV's. I'd think many of their boxes can downconvert HD to SD. I couldn't see any cable/satellite provider totally disabling SD output.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply. However, reading daily artcles on AT & T Time Warner approved  (vertcal)  monopoly it appears to me TCM (and HBO) won't be carried by Comcast .  Hope, I'm wrong but even if TCM remains on Comcast by paying A T & T whatever they demand price would be outrageous.  

Thank you again. But, I have no intention of switching to Direct TV.  And, in fact am preparing to drop A T & T cel phone service .