Community Forum

Why was the Great American Country channel removed from my X1 tv package?

New Poster

Why was the Great American Country channel removed from my X1 tv package?

Why was the Great American Country channel removed from my X1 tv package? has it been replaced with something else?  Would like a reply with regards to this issue.  Thank you.  

New Poster

Re: Why was the Great American Country channel removed from my X1 tv package?

Comcast moved GAC from the Digital Starter package to the Digital Preferred package on April 10, 2018.  When I saw that info on a previous cable bill I was not too concerned because we have the Digital Preferred package.  What we did not realize until after the change took place is that the HD DTA adapter boxes that we have on a few secondary tv's will not pick up the Preferred channels.  They only pick up channels in the Starter package and a few other packages.  So we can't watch GAC unless we use our main tv that has the set-top box.  I'm still waiting on an answer on whether Comcast offers any newer style HD digital adapters that will pick up the Preferred channels that we are paying for.  The service people tell me I can get set-top boxes for the other tv's and will receive all the channels that way.  Sure, for any extra $4 per month per tv.  Pretty lousy way to treat your customers as far as I am concerned.  But hey, it's the cable company and they are all the same.