Community Forum

Why only 2 channels in DIGITAL ECONOMY not in DIGITAL STARTER ?

Regular Visitor

Why only 2 channels in DIGITAL ECONOMY not in DIGITAL STARTER ?

--- 167,1117 BBC World News 

and

--- 480,1627 ASPiRE

Why can't I get them in DIGITAL STARTER  when all other channels in DIGITAL ECONOMY  are in DIGITAL STARTER ?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why only 2 channels in DIGITAL ECONOMY not in DIGITAL STARTER ?

I think since Economy doesn't include some sports channels (if I remember right), they do put in some Preferred channels as a replacement. That said, for some bizarre reason, it seems as if "new" Preferred codes do not include some Starter channels.

Official Employee

Hi there, alanscot1. I can look into the channel line up in your area. You've reached the right place for help. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

You don't need my full name to answer this question.

Please answer.

Official Employee

@alanscot1 - We ask for the account information because each area has a different lineup and we can also check if there were or will be any changes. As a cable company, we have business agreements with networks and broadcasters. Both parties should agree to add/remove channels to the lineup. If BBC World News and Aspire channels are not included in the Starter package, it could be a network decision. Also, the Economy lineup is only available in a few areas and we don't currently carry a lot of packages with it. My apologies for the inconvenience. Both channels are available in a Preferred channel lineup and I'm happy to check if we have any Preferred promotions in your area. If you would like me to proceed, please send me a private message with your first and last name. Thank you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Then simply ask for my AREA next time.  It's Marin County - north of San Francisco.

Official Employee

@alanscot1 - We can't check the lineup by the county name. We will pass your feedback regarding BBC World News and Aspire channels to the designated team.  Thank you so much for your input.